seventeen: fantasy

When Paul pulls back to look at her, his eyes are dark with need. Waves slowly ebb around them but Nina doesn't notice. Her attention is on Paul.

"I want you," she tells him. "I want all of you."

A low growl thrums in his throat. He tangles his fingers into her hair.

"Don't talk like that. You don't know what it does to me."

"I want to know." She's surprised by the breathiness of her voice. She feels a warmth spreading through her body as she brings herself closer. Paul's hands move to support her, his fingers digging into the flesh of her thighs. There's an insistent pressure against her abdomen—a gasp leaves her parted lips.

"Damn it, Nina." He pulls her body flush against his own, their chests heaving together in ragged harmony. "Not here."

Before she can process it, Paul has lifted her from the water. She holds onto him with a startled laugh, feeling the invigorating chill of the night air against her bare skin. A shiver runs through her body and she isn't sure if it's the cold or the way Paul absently rubs circles on her hip with his thumbs. He holds her with the strength and diligence of Atlas, and she is his whole world.

They get to the truck and Paul lifts down the tailgate with one hand, still holding her against him with his other. The metal creaks as it flattens out and Paul gently sets her down. He steps back and slowly devours her with his eyes. She feels shy under his intense gaze, suddenly incredibly aware that her clothes are in a pile on the sand.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful."

"I'm cold." She sighs, keeping her eyes trained on the ground as she hugs her arms against her chest. Paul laughs, disappearing from sight for a moment before returning with the blanket kept in the back of the truck.

"Then let me warm you up." He whispers, stepping closer. She expects him to cover her body with the blanket but instead he drapes it along the bed of the truck. Her eyes widen in realization as he gently pushes her further back, and steps up into the truck bed with her. She looks away in embarrassment, but he softly cradles her chin and guides her to meet his eyes. The need is still there, but there's tenderness, too. Paul shifts his body weight until he hovers slightly above her, heating her skin everywhere their bodies meet.

"I love you, have I told you that?" She gently brushes a wet tendril of hair from his face, her breath catching in her throat. With each shaky inhale their chests meet and Nina feels her skin catch on fire.

"I love you, too. More than I could ever say."

His hand reaches out, pausing for a moment before cupping her cheek. Nina inches upward removing any remaining space between them, and leaves a gentle but enduring kiss on his lips. His thumb brushes against her cheek and she moves to caress his own face. The sharp angles of his features are softened by the moonlight streaming through the trees. He's breathtakingly handsome. Nina expects to wake up from this strange and intoxicating dream at any moment.

But Paul kisses her hand, nuzzling his face against her knuckles. He's real, and he's hers.

His eyes search out for hers again, asking for permission as his hand travels lower. Nina nods wordlessly. For a moment, it feels as if they are the center of the universe, pulling at each other in dizzying orbit. He finds her most sensitive parts, his fingers cautiously drawing out imploring cries. Nina's hands span curiously across the smooth planes of his taut muscles, nails digging in lightly at each pleasured jolt. Their bodies meld into one another, until she isn't sure where Paul ends and she begins.