"Birthday?"

Above is the Outfit from when she went out with her mom^^

Thanks for reading...

~~~~~~

Dave's POV

I woke up with my legs interlocked with Layla's. My side hurt like hell, but I couldn't think of anything other than the woman laying here with me. I pushed the pieces of hair out of her face with my finger. I had never seen someone so beautiful, independent, and secure in my life. I never allowed myself to show any affection towards anyone but with her, I couldn't help it. Her eyes started to twitch as she started to wake up. I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleep.

"You know I know you're awake right?" She asked with what sounded like a smile. I peeped my eyes open and a happy forced tugged at the side of my mouth.

"Good morning to you too" I replied, trying to sit up in the bed.

"No, maybe you should stay in bed today. I could go do whatever you needed to do for you." She said, trying to push me back down.
I had to leave today. To check on everything. For real this time.

"No, I have to do this" I told her. "To see what went down last night." I elaborated.

"But I have to check on you and see if the wound gets infected. What if the same people see you and decide to finish the job?" She pleaded with me. They would never pull such a risky move like that.

"How about we go together?" I tried reasoning with her. I knew she wasn't going to let me just leave and this was the safest. Someone could've saw where I came last night and I can't have her here alone. I know, I've put her in so much danger. She's my weakness.

She thought for a second and I could see the tension in her body leave.

"Yeah okay, sure" she said to me. "I'll just take a shower first, but don't leave Dave. Okay?" She warned me and I just laughed, laying back down in the bed. That was a good enough answer for her since she left into the bathroom after getting some clothes from her closet. Might as well go and find something to eat.

~~~~~~

Layla's POV

When I got out of the shower, I put on my black zip up bodysuit with high-wasted blue jeans and a matching jean jacket. I did my makeup really quick just putting on base, highlight, mascara, and royal blue lipstick. I walked out of the bathroom and saw that Dave was not in the bed anymore. Of course he would leave without me.

"Dave!" I yelled through the house, only to be met with my own echo. He is so stubborn.

"I will yell your whole name!" I screamed, walking into the living room. I saw Dave sitting on a barstool at the kitchen island with his headphones in, rapping to whatever was playing in them. I just smiled and walked up to him. I moved his headphone over and screamed in his ear.

"What the fuck!" He yelled. I busted out laughing. I hate that shit when Ashley does it so I had to do it to him. When I was done catching my breath, I looked up and he was looking at me with his arms crossed.

"What?" I asked innocently, walking over to the living room and getting my gold hoops and LaylaTaylor necklace out of my jewelry box.

"You know what" he responded, sitting back down.

"Oh, stop being a crybaby and eat your cereal before they get soggy" I told him, kissing his head. "Was that you earlier?" I said, changing the subject, and pointing to his phone. He nodded his head hesitantly.

"Well can I hear?" I asked, making a bowl of cereal.

"You don't want to. It's not really good right now" he said.