Chapter four

"Start from the beginning" the boy with dark curly hair spoke. "I'd at least like to know your name before I tell you my entire sob story!" I exclaimed."Levi" he spoke bluntly. "Levi Taylor." "Felicity Montcroix" I replied
I sighed and traced my index finger through the cracks in the stone. "It's a really long story.. but to sum it up I was born into a cult and my parents arranged a marriage for my 16th birthday to a terrible man. I ran away after I accidentally injured him because he had a lot of power over me and if I didn't kill him he could have me executed. So here I am...with no where to go..." I looked over at the boy who seemed to be lost in thought. "Let's walk" he said, standing up and stretching his hand out to help me up. I accepted and he pulled me up as we began walking off the bridge and onto the dirt path.
"How did you injure your fiancé?" "I threw glass at him" I lied "It was self defense! He ripped my dress and began unbuckling his pants and I got scared..."
"Where did you get the glass?" Levi continued questioning, "it was from a broken window."
"Why did you try to kill your self if you didn't want to be executed?!" I sighed and looked down at my tattered shoes "because I have no where to go.. I don't know anywhere outside of my cult, and I refuse to die at his hand!" I exclaimed, choking back a sob. Recounting everything that happened made me feel awful. I crossed my arms and slowed my walking a bit as small stones on the ground began shaking. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to change the subject as quick as possible.
"Why did you save me?" I questioned Levi
"I was taking a walk and I saw you standing on the bridge and so I just thought it would be best to try and save you. It is actually quite rewarding, saving a human life!" He beamed. I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Where do you come from?" I asked "I don't live too far away from here, I live in a small city in a little suburb that's surrounded by woods. It's quite peaceful, actually!" "I've never seen a city but my maid Maria told me about one she went to, they sound lovely!" "They're very noisy and polluted but some parts are nice I guess..." Levi shrugged. I smiled and looked at him "I'd like to see it some time!"
"Why don't you like your fiancé?" Levi asked. "He is a terrible man. My family is Royal in our cult. We're the highest up and he wanted to marry me for my family name and my body... even being at a higher status than him, I was considered his property and he abused that title!" I exclaimed with tears beginning to well up in my eyes again. More stones began to shake like they did earlier
"Why is your family considered royal?" I stopped for a moment and took in a deep breath. "They moved to the highest status after I was born because the cult believed me to be a deity..."I explained
Levi stopped and looked at me
"Deity?"
"Yes"
"It was quite a nice life until a few weeks before my 16th birthday! It wasn't very easy to make friends but I had my maid Maria and she treated me like a normal human, and we lived in a beautiful palace! But my fiancé Alexander came along and stole my happiness, along with many other things.."
Stop thinking about Alexander
It'll hurt you more
He'll know
Your new friend will find out what kind of monster you truly are
"Holy shit I'm so sorry Felicity..." Levi said, he looked at me sadly.
"It's ok, he's probably dead now and I'm far away from the cult..." I smiled "I just don't know what to do now" I said, letting out a small sigh.
"I'm not usually allowed to have girls sleep over but I'm sure my mother would be happy to have you! She works late because she's a nurse, but I'm an only child and she's always wanted a girl! You can stay with us!" Levi beamed.
"Are you sure?!" I panicked a bit
I hardly know him
What if he turns out to be just like Alexander?!
What if he finds out
"I know it's out of the blue but we would happily welcome you, I'll lend you some of my clothes until we save up a bit more to buy you clothes you'd like"
I looked at Levi with wide eyes as I began to tear up "Thank you so much! No one I've known has been this nice to me except for Maria!" I exclaimed.
We walked a few more miles before arriving in a small neighborhood. I brushed past the tree branches and bush and we traveled down a cul de sac to a small cabin-like house. Levi took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the front door. He stepped inside and I followed.
After Levi showed me around I took a towel from the hall closet and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I sat in the bathtub while the water ran and dipped my short blonde hair into the water. I laid in the tub and looked up at the ceiling.

I'm safe here