New Beginnings for Old Stories

In the dead of night the only sound that could be heard was the young dragon, Lemon, scampering through the woods. He was small for his age, about the size of a bear.  At this hour the owls and insects would normally be up causing a slight hum in the air, that was not the case tonight. The unusual quiet had the dragon on edge driving his desire to get home even higher.  

As Lemon approached a large old oak tree loud thuds from under the dragon's feet began. This wasn't the first time the dragon had heard them. The thuds had started a week prior. Each time they started they were louder than the time before. By now the thuds were so loud Lemon couldn't hear his own thoughts. He shut his eyes for a brief moment to try and gain some sense again. By now Lemon was practically running, too distracted to notice the earth start to open up ahead of him.

 He ran straight into the sinkhole letting out a yelp as he tried to reach for the edge with his long neck to stop himself from falling. Unfortunately, it was too late as he descended further and further. His bright red wings were too fragile to help him fly back up. The hole slowly started to fill with glowing blue lights dancing across the walls as Lemon blacked out.  

The dragon blinked slowly trying to remember what had happened.  Even while remembering the sinkhole and lights he told himself it couldn't be real it had to be a dream surely. Lemon nearly believed it until he looked up at his surroundings. This place was definitely not his home, the sky was a hazy pink like in the stories about Planet Delia he grew up listening to. There were only two logical explanations for this either he was going insane or this was a dream because there was no way any of this could be real, right? With this in mind, the dragon got up to explore. Lemon couldn't imagine he had anything to lose and just needed to wait till he woke up back at home.