Part Three

She sat up in her chair, and that's when things got chaotic. "Pizza, wafers, cookie, ice cream." I shook my head. "How about PBJ? All that other stuff may be yummy, but it's not healthy." Kathleen glared. "Yummy food! Me want yummy food!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. I ignored her and made her a peanut butter sandwich. I put the plate in don't of her and as soon as I did, the little brat's eyes narrowed into slits. She took the top part off the sandwich and got a huge wad of peanut butter into her tiny hand. She lifted up her fist and threw the peanut butter full speed at my designer jacket. I have to say I screamed. Kathleen smiled and got another chunk of spread, this time it landed in my hair, dripping down into my mouth. At least it was edible.
Before Kathleen could throw more of her sandwich at me I removed the sandwich and got a pop tart out of the cabinet, at least this wouldn't ruin my fabulous jacket. Kathleen ate it with relish and we retired to watch TV.
By that time it was about 12:30 and Kathleen must have felt sleepy because she slurped in her thumb and fell asleep on my lap. I smiled. This wasn't so bad. But unfortunately it didn't last long. After awhile, Katheen woke up and wanted milk. I got up and fetched a bottle. But I guess Kathleen needs etiquette classes because she spilled the formula all over the leather couch. Before I could clean it up, Mrs. Rodriguez walked in. Finally. She reached into her purse and pulled out sixty bucks. "Thank you Madeline," she said. I smiled back at her. "It was a pleasure, and by the way Mrs. Rodriguez, you might want to check your couch." I dashed through the door before she could answer.

The End

Authors Note

Thank you all for reading my story. Don't forget to comment, I always enjoy reading comments. Don't forget to check out The Gift, a novel in progress that I am working on.