one fine day.

(harry potter marauders era)

it was a breezy spring morning in hogsmeade, and lily and james were supposedly going for a date in a place that only james knew.

they've been walking around (holding hands, of course) for about 15 minutes but james didn't seem to stop, so lily kept pestering him with dozens of questions.

lily didn't even know that hogsmeade was this big, her route was always the same, honeydukes, zonko's, book shops, a witches' accessory shop alice showed her, the shrieking shack (usually with the marauders reliving their memories with a specific werewolf there), and ending in a cozy sitdown chat in the three broomsticks. or maybe in special occasions, madam pudifoot's cafe.

"okay, james, for the last time! where are we going?" lily asked in a forced calm voice.

"okay, lily, for the last time, you'll see." james said, mimicking lily's voice.

"ugh. you're impossible." lily said hopelessly.

"here we are!" james said excitedly.

"... wow." lily said, after taking a look at the little cafe at the end of the road.

it was a very small cafe, probably only made for three groups of people. it's simple but quite fancy, and it seems like it came out of a wonderland.

fairies were flying around, and they complimented the beautiful paint that covered the cafe. the smell that came out of the place was amazing, and it definitely made someone who was standing right outside of the cafe want to step their foot inside.

"this is.. beautiful!" lily said.

"yeah, i know." james said, satisfied.

he led lily inside and chose a table. no one was in there, except for them and a waitress behind the counter. she noticed lily and james coming in and immediately came up to them.

they placed their orders and the waitress went to the back. lily took a look around and sniffed the amazing scent of the cafe once more. it was truly breathtaking.

"this is definitely going to be the scent i smell from amortentia. how did you find out about this place?" lily said at james.

"oh, well, my dad actually knew it first, he and my mum used to come here for little dates. like you and i!" james said, smiling.

"that's adorable!" lily said.

"yeah, i was just waiting for the perfect person i would bring here." james said.

"that's sweet and all, but are you sure you haven't tried to bring the boys here?" lily said, holding back her smile.

after becoming close friends with the marauders, lily has accepted the term "the boys" or "my boys" for them and no one questions it. anyone would know who lily is reffering to immediately.

"well.. i have, but sirius, being the drama queen he is, whined all along the way until remus just exploded and decided to go back. siri felt bad and chased after him. peter felt the trip had no point anymore and decided to go back too. well, i wasn't going to enjoy the milkshake alone, wasn't i?" james laughed.

they both laughed happily. a while after that, the waitress came back to their table with a tray of their orders.

"peanut butter sandwich, grilled cheese, hot chocolate and a vanilla milkshake. anything else?" the waitress said as she placed the food onto their table.

"um, can we have vanilla ice cream for dessert? but deliver it last, please." lily said politely.

"sure! alright if that's all-" the waitress said as she walked away, but james cut her off.