MEETING

————————————

————————————

NARI was tired.

So, as soon as she enters the train, she plops down unto the nearest seat available. Her eyes move to her watch to check the time. 10:17 pm. It was pretty late at night, though, there were still some passengers aboard—including this tall boy right beside her. He was sound asleep—his head faced down and his arms crossed, though one of his hands were still holding his phone that was about to fall anytime soon.

Nevermind him, she thinks to herself.

Instead, she focuses on the scenery found on the window opposite to her.  She watches the city lights and thinks it's probably one of the most beautiful things she's ever seen—yet, it was the same city that's been leaving her with nothing but exhaustion.

Exhaustion. Thinking about it only makes her more tired. Yet, It's not like she has any choice though, does she? Not when she has to go to work to provide for the necessary things, not when she has no one but herself to help her survive this cruel world.

She lets out a heavy sigh.

Flop. Nari jolts at the sudden (but soft) impact on her shoulder. She looks to her left only to see that the boy right beside her was now sleeping on her shoulder.

Fuck, it tickles. Nari tries her best not to laugh at the tingling sensation she feels on her shoulder.

She hadn't known what to do—but she only has one goal: to get the tickling to stop. As much as she does not want to awaken the boy, she needed to or she'd end up laughing out loud inside the quiet train. So, she tries her best to wake him up. Yet, after moving a bit of her shoulder a series of times (although this had made her feel even more tickled), it was to no avail.

"E-Excuse me." she gently calls out to him.

Nothing. So, she says it a little bit louder, "Excuse me."

Still nothing. She sighs, but she doesn't give up—she can't.

"Approaching Station 4: Cheongdam Station." the speaker inside the train had announced.

Fuck. She gulps. That was her stop—now, she really needs to get him off her shoulder.

"Excuse me." she starts shaking his arm but he wasn't moving. Thus, she decides to poke his sides, hoping he'd wake up. Still a no-no.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now arriving at Cheongdam Station." she hears the speaker as the train has begun to slow down, "I repeat, we are now arriving at Cheongdam Station."

Her eyes glance at the clear window and they really were already at the station.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me." she whispers to the boy before poking his sides, causing the boy to jolt awake.

"What the fuck-"

The train stopped at its tracks. A few seconds later, its doors began to open, and Nari knows that it'll be closing in a short while, but she has to apologize.

"I'm sorry. This was my stop and you were leaning on my shoulder so-" Nari quickly tells him, "I'm really sorry."

Before the boy could even reply, she bows. She grabs her bag, hurriedly leaving towards the exit, hoping the train doors would not close on her. As she steps on the platform, she heaves out another sigh.

That was close. Nari thinks of all the things that just happened to her—especially, with the boy on that train—and she was just glad she made it out in time. Right now, all she needed was to eat.

She reaches out for her wallet in the pocket of her bag yet, it was empty. All her hands could feel was the cloth of her bag itself. It was gone.

"No, no, no. What the fuck-" she fumbles through the other pockets of the bag and the main compartment of the bag itself, but her wallet was nowhere to be found.

How? Did she leave it on the train? It was too late to go back to the train station now—the train must've already left a few minutes ago. Was her pocket open? Did it fall or something? Just how did it disappear? Questions kept racing on her mind as she repeatedly tried to look for the lost wallet in her bag.

All the money that she earned that day was gone—the money that was supposed to get her that cheap ramen on the convenience store, the money that was supposed to be added to her savings. Thinking about it made her eyes tear up—she hates herself.

"Nari, how the fuck could you be so careless?" she whispers to herself as she tries her best to stop herself from crying, "You're so fucking stupid."

"Oi."

Nari turns her head unto the direction in which she heard the deep voice. She is surprised to see the boy from the train, a few steps behind her. Her eyes watch as he picks out something from the pocket of his coat.

"This is yours, isn't it?"

————————————

a/n:
soooo ig this is the first chapter AAAAA it's really been so long since i've written buttttttt

how was it? if you liked it, please fav and/or leave a comment heheh i hope you guys would continue reading it 'till the end hihi :>>> thank youuuu <33 i love y'all !!

—heads-and-taels