Chapter Five.

Chapter Five.

"When's Reina getting here?"

Looking up from my phone, Colby sat down across from me in the leather chair and waited for me to respond. It was spaghetti night tonight and Reina always came over to eat with us. I don't understand how or why she got so close with my friends but they all loved her so it's not really up to me to decide whether or not she comes over.

"Soon I think. I don't know."

"Well before she gets here I kind of wanted to ask you something."

I watched him lean forward on the couch and rest his elbows on his knees before he started to speak again and I'm not sure why but I felt like my heart started to race.

"Um, okay?"

"Well it's the end of the season and the team dinner is on Friday. We're all supposed to bring dates and well, I'm not sure if you were thinking of bringing her as one but if you weren't I was wondering if I could ask her? I wouldn't ask you this in the first place because of bro code but you said you weren't fucking her and you didn't think of her like that so would that be cool?"

Why on earth was my first instinct to punch him in the face? Maybe it's because Reina and I fuck but why wouldn't it be okay for him to? It's not like we're dating and it's not like I give a shit or anything because I don't.

"I mean, yeah." I replied. "It's not like I care or anything."

Scott started to laugh as he overheard our conversation from the kitchen and I wanted to punch him in the face too. I honestly was about to get off this couch and leave until the door opened and Reina and Casey walked in, thankfully distracting me for the time being.

"You invited Casey?" I asked Scott.

"Is that a problem?"

"No. She just doesn't usually come over with her. Just curious."

I let my eyes wander back over to the two of them and Reina was looking fine as hell. She always did but the thing that was getting me the most is that she was wearing yoga pants. Why is it that her being in yoga pants and a sweatshirt turns me on so much? I will never understand it but we can't fuck right now because it'd be too obvious and maybe I should just come right out and tell all of them that we do so I could take her upstairs and let them all hear what I do to her but then stupid Colby came to mind and what I had agreed to let him do.

Colby was staring intensely at her ass too and that feeling of wanting to punch him in the face came right back into my body. I just don't like people staring at what I hit because I hit that and nobody else is doing that. Just me.

"Hey guys!" Reina said, heading directly towards me.

Colby seemed pissed that she didn't really acknowledge him and I was shocked a little too when she sat right next to me, rather closely, and gave me a smile. For a second there I thought about sending Colby a smirk but I didn't. I just tried to control myself because she never does this. We never act like more than friends around mine but tonight she was completely avoiding that.

"Hey Reina." I said, moving my attention back on my phone.

Casey was off with Scott in the kitchen but that doesn't surprise me. Scott told me he wanted her the minute he saw her at that damn party but I told him it wouldn't be easy because Casey was one of those bible girls who won't do anything unless they've been in a relationship for like fifteen years. I told him that and he said that was fine with him, which also shocked me because he's never like that. Casey just must be something different to him.