Just Great || 10

3rd Person POV

A/N:

Hellooooo! Author-Chan is back with another chapter for all of you! We're already close to 300 reads and I can't express how glad I am to know that people are at least looking at this crappy story. I hope you all are having a good quarantine (if you are in quarantine?)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Keith reached the castle, running through the halls with Y/N in his arms, Allura became aware of the injured paladin. She ran out of the control room, coming face-to-face to face with a sweaty, seemingly terrified red paladin. Keith shakily and gently handed the girl to Allura, his thoughts going buck wild in his head. Allura ran toward the healing pods, Keith hesitantly following behind. "I let her get hurt. I let her get hurt." Keith mumbled to himself, shaking his head softly. He was terrified, angry that he let it happen. Keith never had really thought about the eye patch across his female friends face after they left earth only hours back, it just wasn't a priority. But now, as he studied her unconscious features, he found himself staring at it more than anything else. It was sliding down her cheek as the white-haired princess came to a stop, a fraction of what seemed to be a medium-sized scar revealing itself to the mullet wearing male. He thought of it as if he was the cause of her pain, like he had inflicted it.

Allura sighed, punching a few things into the healing pod before turning to Keith with a soft voice. "She'll be in the healing pod for forty-five dobashes. If it's worse than it seems it might be-"

The princess quickly interrupted the other paladins, all four of them pushing into the door with Coran staring at them from behind. Well, three of them pushed through, Shiro stood beside Coran with a deadpan expression.

"What the hell Lance!?"

"Watch your language."

"Oh shut up Pidge! You're the one laying on my back! Right Hunk?"

"Guys!" Shiro finally yelled, a mix of aggravation and fear in his voice as he saw Y/N floating in a healing pod. "I believe there are more pressing matters at hand." Shiro finished breathlessly looking to the obviously stressed Keith with a glare of anger and slight sympathy. The dual haired male walked over to Keith, taking in a deep breath to calm himself. He folded his hands and all was silent. Nobody spoke. Everyone knew that Y/N and Shiro had been through something to have come back with a tech arm and an eye patch. Keith raised his head to meet Shiro's gaze, biting his bottom lip while everyone else around the two held their breath.

"The barrier around the lion wouldn't dissipate. The lion didn't trust me." Keith began, breathing in deeply. "Galra centuries came in and she tried to hold them back while I tried to get the lion. She easily took down some, but got cornered and shot. I'm sorry."

Nobody responded. They heard the disappointment toward himself in his voice. Everyone could tell how much Keith, Y/N, and Shiro cared about each other. "I said I'm sorry!" Keith tried to yell but it quickly fell into a croaky whisper. Shiro wrapped his arms around the younger male, and nobody else moved. They just watched. Pidge, Lance, and Hunk hadn't even scooted off of each other. Allura slowly walked out of the room, not having moved for the most of the time. Shiro nodded to her on her way out. The other paladins watched Allura as she stood by Coran just outside the door, confusion on their faces.

"Should we leave?" Hunk asked quite loudly, drawing a giggle from the princess. She nodded with a small smile, turning to walk out with everyone else following shortly behind.

Shiro watched as the doors hissed, shutting him and the mullet-wearing boy in the room. Shiro pulled back from the hug and led Keith closer to the healing pod that held their friend, sitting down. Keith hesitantly sat down beside him, leaned against his older mentor. "You're beating yourself up aren't you?" Shiro asked rhetorically, knowing the answer. He knew Keith was, especially when he was beating up himself. He wasn't even with the two, but isn't that why he felt so beaten up?

"I know she's fine, really, I just feel bad for letting it happen. We're both overreacting a bit, aren't we? She's strong. She'll get through it and we both know it." Keith chuckled in slight embarrassment. Shiro chuckled along, shaking his head.

"I should probably know by now; you're right." Shiro chuckled out, shaking his head with a small smile. The two fell into a comfortable silence, watching the peaceful figure of Y/N in the healing pod. After a few minutes of sitting in silence, Shiro sighed and pushed himself up. "Come on, we should meet the team in the control room."

~~~~~~

About thirty dobashes later Y/N's pod opened and allowed her to step free. She stumbled out, dizzily trying to find balance. She fell to her knees in a drunken haze, trying to focus her thoughts and sight. She groaned as the door hissed open, Shiro walking calmly inside only to panic at the sight of Y/N. The older man stumbled over to Y/N, kneeling down and rubbing her back comfortingly. "It's okay, just breathe." He murmured to her, continuing to rub her back continuously. Y/N nodded, pulling herself together and pushing into a sitting position.

"Thanks Shiro." She panted out, leaning against him tiredly. "Oh god I'm so woozy." Y/n chuckled, blinking to try and calm her head. Shiro chuckled along, shaking his head with a playful smile.

Shiro calmed himself, sighing as he focused on the girls eye patch. "Can I take a look at your eye?" He asked calmly. Y/N sighed with a short nod, letting Shiro flick up her eye patch and look at the once (y/e/c) eye that was now a deep purple hue.

Keith watched from the doorway in utter shock.