07.

"Because I'm doing this for the thrill of it, killin' it
Never not chasing a million things I want
And I am only as young as the minute is,
full of it
Getting pumped up from the little bright things I bought
But I know they'll never own me."

Tennis Court by Lorde.

Easton was, as the kids say, well and truly shook

The helicarrier was more than she'd ever imagined it to be, even beyond her wildest dreams. Filled wall to wall with high range tech, bustling agents and the one and only - Nick Fury.

Easton had heard countless stories about the mystery that was Nick Fury from her father, but he mainly just rambled conspiracy theories at her about what might've happened to his eye. Was it a grenade? Did someone rip it out? Did he get a contact lens stuck behind his cornea that required emergency surgery? Does he just wear the eyepatch as a fashion statement? Who knows.

All Easton knew for sure was that she was terrified of disappointing him.

Easton's gaze moved from Fury, who was working with his frontline agents to track down Loki, to the awkward exchange that was Phil Coulson asking Captain America to sign his trusty trading cards.

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble," Phil panicked, worried he'd come on too strong to his favourite hero.

"No, no. It's fine," the captain smiled, catching her gaze as she wandered over.

"You know," she began, "he's kind of your biggest fan. He's been collecting those cards for as long as I can remember." Just as Easton made eye contact with the hero, making her almost internally combust, he let out a chuckle.

"Why is this damn tech not working!" Nick Fury interrupted, "I need eyes on Loki and I need them now!"

Easton gestured to the Captain that she'd be back, and made her way to the desk where Agent Sitwell was struggling to find a match.

"May I?" She asked timidly, gesturing to the software.

The agent looked up to Fury with concern, while he cocked an eyebrow at the young girl before him. Looking to Agent Coulson who nodded with a smile, Fury gestured for Sitwell to rise.

"Give it a shot, Stark."

Easton reluctantly engaged with the software now that all eyes in the helicarrier were firmly placed on her. Her fingers worked their magic and within what felt like seconds she'd managed to find a match on Loki.

"I got a match on Loki," she announced, "its seventy-nine percent, but it's the best seventy-nine percent you're gonna get."

"Location?" Coulson called out, making his way around to the desk she sat at, Fury following in tow.