Chapter 83

Laura's POV

To say I was unprepared for what's to come was an understatement. I've only been to a few "big" events in my entire life but those really only consist of school meetings, job interviews, and graduation.

Harry was used to this kind of lifestyle but I wasn't and I'll admit I am scared. My hands were already trembling by the time we arrive.

"Are you alright? You look pale"

Harry smiles gently trying to ease my nerves by placing his warm hands on the small of my back. I look into his eyes and feel my heart rate skyrocketing the more aware of this I become.

"J-just a little n-nervous"

I stutter, trying to pull myself together to not embarrass Harry and his very wealthy, well known, good looking family name. I could already hear people yelling and paps taking a thousand photos a minute as the car pulls closer and closer to the entrance.

Harry looks at me sympathetically as I take a deep breath in.

"You'll be alright love, just a bunch of regular people like you and me"

He tries to reassure but I scoff internally to the fact that he actually believes the people tonight are "regular."

Once again his lips are being placed on my cheek as he chuckles softly at my panicked state.

"I love you"

He whispers and it honestly took me a moment to control my thoughts before I somewhat calm down for the first time in a hot minute.

"I love you too"

I beam, totally forgetting about the crazy situation outside the car.

Before I knew it the car was stopping and I was forced to suck it up as Harry unbuckles and leaves the car. I join him on the other side as I was nearly blinded by the vast majority of paps flashing their lights at us.

I feel Harry tugging on my waist as we walk up to the events red carpet. I try to maintain my composure as various questions are thrown my way.

"Harry, is this your new lover?"

"Laura! Looking marvelous tonight"

"What's it like being Harry's new girl?"

"Harry, can we expect a ring in a few months?"

I don't answer any questions because Harry debriefed me the night before.

The night before...

"Long day?"

I smile at a very tired Harry who seemed to be void of sleep these days walking through our bedroom door.

"Too long"

He hums walking towards the bed where I was sitting comfortably reading a book while I waited for him to come home.

Harry slumped next to me as I set my book down and slide my hands in his curls to comfort him.

"I missed you"

He mumbles cutely as my cheeks heat up and a smile covers my face.

"I missed you more, sorry I couldn't have lunch with you."

I say admiring his face as he breathes in and out slowly with his eyes closed.

"Why are you sorry? It was my fault I got a last-minute surgery"