Prologue: a heartbreaking rejection and joining the military.

Toad is on his way to meet up with Blake to confess his feelings.

Toad: hey Blake can I talk to you in private?
Blake: sure Toad.

In someplace private.

Blake: what is it you want to talk to me about Toad?
Toad: the thing is I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?
Blake: I appreciate the sentiment but I don't feel that way about you. Sorry Toad.

Toad was heartbroken. Soon after, he left beacon and joined the atlas military and became the best solder in the entire military. As for Blake, she noticed that Toad was gone after she was rejected by her crush, Sun Wukong. Days have passed since then and Blake became depressed because Toad had ignored her for so long. He refused to answer her calls and texts.

Ironwood: Toad I have a new assignment for you.
Toad: what is it general?
Ironwood: your mission is to infiltrate a white fang base and gather as much information as possible.
Toad: yes sir!

At that moment, his girlfriend Winter came in.

Winter: please come back safe my love.
Toad: I'll be done as soon as possible dear. And afterwards we can have some alone time.
Winter: I'm looking forward to it darling.

After a few hours, the mission was a success. He gathered a lot of valuable information on what Cinder Fall was planning.

Ironwood: good work as always Toad. I was right in assigning you to this mission.
Toad: it was a complete success general.
Ironwood: as a reward, you are to take a well deserved vacation.
Toad: yes sir.

With Blake.

Blake has been alone in her dorm crying her eyes out. Her team tried to comfort her but failed. All she can ever think about is her beloved Toad.