Lola DePoe

!TW! So for this Chapter, the readers will be experiencing internalised racism towards the MC herself as well as Racial prejudice towards the fair-skinned characters. This in no way represents my views. !TW!

Lola thankfully wasn't the only new kid in school and even better, it was the Chief of Police's one and only daughter. Lola blessed her lucky stars he was a doting father, apparently bragging from highway to highway of her return.  She still had eyes on her but she could tell the attention was lesser than the new pale-faced girl. Lola saw her in passing at the receptions desk and could honestly say she was pretty good-looking for her kind.

The olive-skinned girl was lucky enough to have found a friend in her new classmate Angela Weber, who she surprisingly shared almost all her classes with. Angela was also a pretty girl with her deep brown, almost black hair and warm ivory skin. While American, Lola thought she may have another nationality mixed in; Lola had never met such a pretty white girl before. 

Angela showed her to the cafeteria for lunch and as they arrived She was happy to see the other new girl at the table they were headed to. Angela pulled out her camera and snapped a shot of the other girl and as she did so the boy who sat closest to her stood with a sneer. 

"Sorry, I need a candid for the feature" Angela explains nervously. 

"Features dead, Angela. Don't worry, I got your back baby" He hissed at the timid girl before smiling at the other girl. For a boy with slick, oily hair and thin little arms, he had quite the audacity to be rude. Lola could already tell, that Angela had a crush on him.

"I hope you don't mind being the  feature, then Lola?" Angela turned to Lola with hesitation. The pimple-faced brat finally noticed Lola much to her annoyance. 

"Sure I don't mind, but I'm not sure people will find me interesting though" Lola replied. The Native American girl thought about it for a moment. 

"Is there anything specific I need to do like did you need me to answer any questions?" The rude brat lances up in his seat, completely ignoring her to look at Lola.

"Hey baby, I'm Eric. Eric Yorkie" He explains in a cartoonish kind of suave voice. Lola pushed down the bile and annoyance as she answers.

"Hey, I'm Lola. So what do I need to do?" She asks him and Angela both. For the second time, they are interrupted. 

"So you're doing the feature? that's cool I guess. Most people wouldn't want to do it" Some white girl says as she looks her up and down. Bristling at the judgment, Lola smiled waspishly.

"And you are? sorry, it's just that I don't remember you being a part of the conversation" Lola smiles with false kindness. The stringy blonde girl and her friend -who Lola had just noticed- both narrow their eyes at her.

"I'm Jessica Stanley and this is like, Lauren Mallory. I'm the volley captain at forks and Lauren is like one of my best friends" she adds triumphantly as if that has any meaning outside of high school. 

"Wow, that's like totally amazing. I like had no idea you were so important." She says back, a hint of annoyance in her tone. 

"Since we're doing introductions, I might as well do mine now I guess." She smiles at Angela, and Lola can tell they're kindred spirits in a way.

"I'm Bella Swan, and the guy next to me is Mike Newton." Lauren rolled her eyes and glared at Bella Swan. 

"Nice to meet you, Bella Swan and Mike too," Mike, who is broad-shouldered and moderately handsome, smirks cheekily between the two new girls.