Part 10

I walked back into the sway house after Ryland so quickly drove to drop me off. After we got in the car, I tried questioning him about why we had to leave so quickly, and if it had anything to do with the notification that he got on his phone. But every time I asked a question, he diverted it. He really did not seem to want to talk about whatever it was that was going on.

"Talia, is that you?" I hear a voice that I recognize to be Griffin's shouting up to me from his room in the basement. I shout back that it is me and he tells me to come down to his room. Upon opening the door to his room, I see my Mother's worried face plastered across his computer screen. As soon as I step into the camera frame her face turns into a smile.

"Tali! Oh my gosh, you didn't answer my text message and I was so worried. Listen, baby. I need you to come home now. I know you're having fun, but you've been gone for so long." I stop listening to what she has to say and look at Griffin begging him to save me. He rolls his eyes at me and cuts my Mother off,

"I think Talia should come home too. She's been banging my friends Mom." My Mother's eyes go wide and her mouth opens in shock. I hit Griffin and glared at him. What the fuck.

"Talia!" She says, sounding appalled. "Honey, you know I have no problem with your sex life, but Griffin's friend!" She exclaims. I roll my eyes and bend down so my face is the only thing in the frame.

"Mom, it's not like that." I try to see and Griffin scoffs at me. "I'm having fun, I'm 18. Can't I stay?" I plead with her. She sighs and looks down. She opens her mouth to say something, and just as I think I've got her, Griffin ruins everything. He gives me one final glare and says,

"You can't stay here anymore."

And with that, my Mother booked a plane ticket and I was heading home tomorrow. No ifs ands or buts.

~Next Day~

Griffin's POV

Talia left about an hour ago and if I said I wasn't relieved I would be lying. Don't get me wrong, I love my little sister and I loved having her here, but things just got complicated. One, she slept with Jaden, one of my best friends at the house and I still don't know how to feel about that. I just don't like the image I have in my head of my baby sister on top of...on top of...I can't even think it let alone say it outloud. But two, the biggest reason. I'm not sure where things are going with Alyssa and I rather not have Talia here complicating things even more.

Speaking of Alyssa, I haven't spoken to her since what happened at the party the other night. I've tried texting her, but she isn't responding. I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong, she was drunk and I tried to help her, and sure I didn't say I love you back but I wasn't just going to say it to her in that moment. For all I know she was just saying it because she was drunk.

I hear a knock on my door and grumble a come in. I was currently sitting at my computer playing fortnite. I turned around to see who it was, and instantly made eye contact with Jaden. He looked quite sad. "What is it?" I ask him letting out a big sigh. He sits on the corner of my bed, and doesn't look about me for a few seconds.

"Bro, I'm sorry about your sister. There's no excuse. It's just killing me that I can't talk to you anymore. You know I love you." He looks up directly into my eyes. I could feel the sincerity in his words radiating off of him. I look away from him briefly.

"I don't want this to come between us anymore. She's just my little sister, I'm protective of her. But." I pause and think about the words that are about to come out of my mouth next. "But, if you like her or whatever then just don't hurt her." I say to him sternly. He lets out a nervous chuckle.