-2-

He smiled as Elle dabbed a blob of chocolate chunk ice cream on the tip of his nose. He laughed when she giggled, her voice husky, but beautifully tinkling when she laughed. Mike loved Elle. He's loved this beautiful girl beside him for four years now. This beautiful charming girl, was bigger than life to him. She was life.

"Oh god, please stop being so disgusting with your lovey-dovey antics." Dustin fake-puked on Lucas before dodging the punch the dark boy sent him. Elle laughed again, that beautiful sound pleasing to Mike's ears.

"Oh, cut it out you two! It's a special Sunday! Sunday Fundays!" Mike beamed at his girlfriends words. Sunday Funday. Also known as the last day of being a Freshman and finally being a sophomore. It was startling how time flew by so fast for the group, as if it was only yesterday that Will had started their tradition of playing dungeons and dragons every Saturday night.

Time really does fly by fast.

"Hey Mike? Remember that time we wrote a comic book series called the lords upon us starring a space captain and a furry fish-man?" Will brought up, his short legs swinging back and forth on the swings. His ice cream cone hung lazily in his other hand. Mike smirked at the distant memory of a group of eleven year old boys, desperate for some adventure and action in their life, making a comic book series that would be a "hit".

"Yeah i do. I also remember the parts where Dustin wanted to put in a Princess for the space captain to make his queen."

"Come on, Mike! you know Princess Eskella would love to have a hunky space captain make her a queen! It's romantic 101." Dustin said reasonably before adjusting his signature blue baseball cap that covered his unruly curls. His sunny broad face showed a dreamy smile as he, along with the rest of the boys (and Elle) remarked about their past times and fun as kids.

"It was good, Dustin. I loved reading the series!" Elle added in. Dustin beamed at the smaller girl and gestured between him and Lucas, "You think it's a bad idea, she thinks i'm awesome," the curly-haired boy paused to wink at Mike, "Careful Mike, i might steal Elle away from you." he added teasingly as Elle blushed a pretty shade of pink.

Mike scoffed. "As if."

Everyone around him burst out laughing.

Later, when the sun started to hide beneath the clouds and the world was covered in darkness and stars, Mike Wheeler lay under his blanket and thought about how lucky he was to have friends like that. Friends that you could laugh with about the good old times while making new and better memories together.

Nothing had changed. Everything was the same as it always was in Hawkins. And for that, Mike was grateful.

Or so he thought.

________

☮︎✧✞ nicole speaks! ;
i hope you love this little peak at mike!! so if any of you were wondering, this book takes place after season 3. yes, hopper does die, but elle is a lot more like millie. a lot sweeter, i guess? vote and comment anyways! ❤️🤣