[6] Shadow x reader~Fun at the beach

(Art is not owned by me)

I was quietly waiting on the couch in sonic's house as sonic and our other friends were going out to the beach to all hang out since it was a nice day and everyone was too bored to stay at home.

I heard the door bang several times so I got off the couch and opened the door, nearly being smacked by sonic and his friends rushing in.

"Hey (Y/N), sorry about that heh... it was really hot outside and we didn't want to get fried out there." Sonic said while everyone dropped their bags.

"Hi (Y/N), didn't think you were coming? You usually stay home for this kinda stuff." Tails said to me with a confused look.

"Oh well I felt like coming this time since I never really get to hang out with you guys..." I said with a sorry expression.

"Well at least your here now right? Don't be afraid to join us when we hang out (Y/N), we enjoy your company!" Tails said, making me feel more comfortable around them.

I gave him a friendly smile and began to set my clothes and items I need for the trip in my bag. Amy and I were giggling as we watched Rouge annoy knuckles who was trying to stuff his things in his bag and Blaze just shook her head and smiled at the scene.

"Rouge can you leave me alone for a second, I'm kinda busy right now! Don't you have bags to pack?" Knuckles yelled at her, looking like he could snap any second.

"Why would I do that when I can hang out with you? And my bag is already packed sweetie so you don't have to worry about me." She said angering him with every word she said even more.

I left before anything bad happened and walked over to shadow who was sitting away from sonic and silver probably not wanting to hear they're nonsense.

Me and shadow were...not the best of friends but he would often talk to me when everyone was away from us so I never really knew how he feels about me in general. I had grown quite a crush on him and would try to help him open up to me but when I would try he would get up tell me he has to 'get something' or just be silent towards me. 'I was always patient and nice with him so I don't know why he was like this with me. Mostly around everyone else though he's like that but why me?' I thought to myself.

"Hey Shadow, just wanted to get away from that chaos forming over there... anyways what are you all he way over here for by yourself?" I asked with a calm tone hoping he would talk to me.

"I just don't feel like talking to faker and silver right now, it's hard enough being around them... your going to the beach with us too I'm guessing?" Shadow asked

"Yeah I am, I thought hanging out with you guys would be nice since I'm always stuck by myself at home... believe it or not I don't really know how to swim but I guess I'll just hang out with sonic or something." I said, slightly embarrassed that I wasn't a good swimmer but neither was sonic so I could stay with him I guess...

"It's alright, you could stay with me...if you'd like to, I can teach you to swim? I don't go in the water very much either but I'll go in if you need help. I don't need you drowning." The ebony hedgehog said with a sweet tone, which caught me off guard.

"O-oh thank you shadow, I really appreciate your help." I said trying to cover the red blush on my face.

~In the car~