CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

( word count: 3,026  )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

SECRETS IN THE DARK

"THE ROOM OF W-WHAT?" SEREN ASKED SIRIUS. The young girl's voice wasn't angry anymore, more confused. She also was very awkward as she was pressed up against Sirius. Seren was cognizant of how Sirius' left arm was against the closet wall and the other was skimming her wrist– as if testing her pulse. She pulled her arm away from his heated form and found it pressing against the closet wall.

"The Room of Requirement," Sirius said smoothly against her ear before pulling away slightly to look down at her shadowed frame. Neither could see each other completely besides their outlines and eyes.

"Why are we in here? In a closet?" Seren asked, her brows furrowed. She was content on leaving Sirius alone with Marlene, why did he have to follow her? 

"Because you keep avoiding me!" Sirius said in a cool tone, he had lost his animosity towards Seren the moment he held her hand and pulled her into the Room of Requirement. Sirius lost his train of thought on what he was about to say... Being so close to Seren made his head go dizzy. He couldn't think– he just knew that Seren was centimeters away from him. "I don't like watching you walk away from me." 

"I didn't want to interrupt your 'moment' with Marlene, Sirius." Seren sighed, looking down. "Marlene has hated me for so long and I don't want her to murder me for talking to you."

"That's ridiculous," Sirius rolled his eyes but realised that Seren couldn't see him. "I can talk to you whenever I want. Also, I won't let her kill you."

Seren chuckled under her breath, "Sirius, even though this is an enlightening conversation... we're still in a closet." 

"Exactly," Sirius smirked. "You can't run away if we're here."

It was getting harder to breath for Seren. She felt intoxicated from butter beer but she wasn't– it was just being close to Sirius made her flustered. "Sirius? Can you just get this done with?" 

"Seren, break up with Lucius." 

"I knew that was coming," Seren breathed out. The Gryfindor and Slytherin rivalry was real. For some reason the two of them had a magnetic attraction to one another and neither of them could avoid it. "Why should I?"