The Present, The Past and The Future.

It was a normal day for Miles. wake up, do the three S's, dress and grab a Monster on his way out the door. Sliding the key into his door locking it and turning towards his car, his baby really, he couldn't help the wide smile across his face. Miles saved his whole life to date to own his beautiful black 2020 Audi TT. Sliding down into the leather bucket he pressed the start button and the exquisitely tuned engine purred to life making Miles's smile even brighter. Backing down his driveway onto the busy street he turned up the radio to blare the music as he speed down the road to his work.

Arriving 30 mins later Miles stood from his car, greeted his co-worker, turned around then locked it and walked through the lot towards the building he called jail. Its not that he hates his job, on the contrary, Miles loved dressing up in suits, so much it was kind of a huge turn on for him. Smiling to himself he scanned his I.D. badge and walked into his office. Walking down the halls he greeted Diane at the front desk, the twins Dan and Dave from IT, and finally Cas his assistant.

"Good morning Miles." Cas greeted with a blush and a shy smile.

"Morning Cas, how was your evening? Did that hot date come through?"

"Nah, they ditched me. I waited for an hour at that coffee shop and they never showed up." Cas shrugged his shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal, however Miles knew better the sadness in his eyes and the lack of his usual 1000 watt smile told a deep story of unrequited love. Miles put his hand on Cas's shoulder squeezing slightly " One day mate, one day."

With that Miles entered his office sat in his chair and sighed heavily letting his mind replay to the day Cas was hired.

..... July....

"Miles, you can't keep working like this, you're 23 you should be out having a life, finding someone to settle down with, not here in this fluorescent jungle 100 hours a week. I'm hiring you an assistant." Miles was dumbstruck, Mr Howard was serious.. He was the newest designer at his firm only having had been with Howard, Schultz and Smith for a year as a full employee. Sure he did his two years of internship here as well, but that was not counted as years towards employment.

"Sir, I don't think that's fair. There have been people here for years longer than me that deserve this more." Miles pleaded.

"No I'm set on this, you're my best designer and I need you at your best. 40 hours at this office only and you will not be here on weekends." Miles was getting more frustrated he didn't want this, he loved working, granted he would love to have an actual life, but he loved his job.

Miles turned to storm out when this adorable blonde bumped right into him dropping all the papers in his hands in a flurry of white.

"Oh my god sir! I'm so very sorry I was in a hurry and not paying attention...." The blonde gushed quickly, but miles cut him off.

"No, really it was mine I was storming around the corner pissed off and I should have been more careful " the anger seeping out of him as he took in the beautiful young face of the new blonde. His eyes are so green they look like fresh cut grass in the spring, soft golden skin, blonde hair with brownish roots all completed with a slightly upturned nose and full red lips. He was simply breath taking.

"My name is Cas." The boy held out his hand for Miles to shake. Busting through his fuzzy love struck brain, Miles took the boys soft hand into his own and shook it firmly.

"If you don't mind me asking, what has you so irritated?" Cas had a soft look on his face.

" Just my boss hired an assistant for me and I DO NOT want one!"

*********

Liam Payne as Miles

Niall Horan as Cas