Chapter One

(Y/N) smiled nervously. Upon looking at the fish that sat in front of her. It was crisp and golden, the batter of the fish didn't look like too much, and it smelled good. Although, she still felt uneasy around Jumin. Especially how she was out in this fancy restaurant with him, the interior was beautiful with a dark oak wood, the tables had white clothes, candles, and the waiters were dressed up as well.

I could never afford to eat at such a restaurant... she thought. Jumin noticed how the woman did not touch her food and he slowly placed his fork down and stared back at her.

"Is the food not up to your standards? As I can recall, you love flounder fish and seafood in general." Jumin stated.

"I'm sorry it's not that at all," (Y/N) shook her head. "Normally, I don't eat out in places such as this. Thank you, Mr Han. The food looks so delicious. The last time I was excited to eat was when I had donuts."

"Donuts...?" Jumin blinked.

(Y/N) stared back at him. She knew how much money and privilege the man that sat before her had. Yet, he never heard of a donut? She couldn't help, but chuckle a bit.

"It's fried dough in the shape of a circle and they have a little hole in it. They're a kind of sweet pastry."

"Intriguing... "

(Y/N) wanted to hate the man, due to how poorly he had treated her in the past. Although at the same time, he did approach her in a different way and took her out for lunch. She wanted to take her mind off things, as she picked up her chopsticks and would begin to eat some of the flounder. The skin was lightly fried, so it didn't sit heavy once she ate a part of it and the fish- well it as expected it was rich. Still, the young woman could feel his eyes staring back at her while she ate away and she knew she had to converse with the man to ease the tension.

"How's your steak, Mr Han?"

"It's simply delicious, but you can call me Jumin," He sighed. "The flounder you're eating does look appetizing as well."

"It's really delicious, you should try some." The young woman smiled. Jumin smiled as well, as he shook his head and continued to eat his steak.

"Good to hear, but all of it is yours."

This whole situation is strange. Did he just smile back at me? I know he's being kind to me for something in return... (Y/N) pondered.

"(Y/N), what kind of donut would you recommend?"

She snapped out of her thoughts and turned her head to the man. "Ah, maybe glazed? It's always my to go donut."

Maybe he wants to get along now? There was a bit of silence between us, and he is curious about donuts. I still wonder what his intentions are and why he's being nice to me. To be honest, I have a strange feeling about all of this. Then again, I've always felt this since the first day we met.

Before the memory came back to her.

Several months before the two shared lunch together. She published her first novel and was on top of the world. Happiness was at her peak. Nevertheless, the young new novelist was bright and thought her dream was coming true. She was excited to meet other novelists, and bring joy to the world of readers.

"Mr Han is here." Yun nudged (Y/N). She invited her friend to a formal party, as she knew all sorts of people would be there. Then again, she did have connections because of her family and she wanted (Y/N) to also socialize. Since her work meant she was home for most of the time, and the girl only really had a social life when she was in high school.

"But may I ask you, is it necessary to carry a copy of your book?" Yun raised an eyebrow at her friend who was nervous, and clutched onto her book.

"I might give a copy as a good gesture."

"Ah, you're so sweet." Yun sighed out. "I'm surprised you aren't also looking for..."

"I know what you're going to say, but I'm here to have more exposure to my novel, that's all." (Y/N) smiled. The longer she stood there, the more out of place she felt. She wasn't sure if it was because of where everyone came from, or it was her anxiety getting the best of her. She felt lightheaded and she went to the bar to get herself a cup of water. Without much consideration for her surroundings, she left the copy of her book at the bar.

"Smitten?" Jumin raised an eyebrow, as he picked up the book. "What kind of title is this?"

"(Y/N), are you alright?"

"Huh?" She snapped out of her thoughts and found Jumin looking back at her again with those grey eyes of his. They were both finished with their food and their waiter took the bill from Jumin. She couldn't help, but gasp since she allowed Jumin to pay for her meal.

"I could have paid for my meal- please let me play."

"No," He shook his head. "I invited you out for lunch, so it is only expected that I pay for both of our meals."

(Y/N) wanted to ask again, but knew he would keep refusing her advances to pay for the meal. Then again- she didn't have much money to begin with. Her paycheck from her part time job wouldn't come, until another week. So she was thankful he did pay for her meal. With that, the two would leave the restaurant and Jumin's ride- driver kim's car waited for them. She stopped her tracks and looked up at Jumin.

"Thank you."

"Maybe next time, you could show me one of those- places that sell donuts." Jumin pointed out. This was a clear indication that he wanted to eat out with her once more and he pulled his phone out from his pocket. The two exchanged contact information, and Jumin smiled back at the young woman.

"Are you sure you don't need a ride? I think it would be best for you; rather, than you going to the train-"

"Yes, I appreciate your concerns. But I need some errands to run and there's a grocery shop nearby."

"Have a safe way home, do not hesitate to contact me if something comes up." Jumin stepped inside of the black car, before it would pull away. (Y/N) watched the car go, as she thought about him and turned to walk away. Still on her mind, she wondered about him. She saw him turn his back to her before. Could this be the same man she met before? She could recall how he looked down at her book with such disgust, how awful those words that came out of his mouth. Then why would he take her out for lunch?

Author's note:
I hope you liked this chapter. It went a little into their past relationship, but more will be revealed later. Also the second love interest will make their appearance in the next one. Please give this chapter a star and a comment, love you all!
Regularly updates every or next Thursday!