The outside world

The sounds of people talking awoke Urushihara from his nap. He looked around, and saw it was daytime. "... Oh... I was here all night, wasn't I?" Urushihara stood up, and began walking out of the alley, his shoulders tense and body stiff, he pressed his sides trying to make himself tinier. He bent his cap to try and hide more of his hair, trying to make himself invisible. He was socially awkward, and the amount of people around wasn't helping any.

Urushihara then suddenly felt his stomach growl. He didn't eat all day yesterday, since the incident happened, and he sighed. There had to be some food around there. Anywhere.

"... I'm hungry..." He started to think back to living with Ashiya and Maou. He missed Ashiya's cooking. He missed Suzuno coming over and helping him out with the cooking. Both of them cooking together could make his mouth water. Urushihara would give anything for a meal from them right now. Even if it was dumb, old noodles.

But... he ran away. Because they don't want him anymore. Let alone waste food on him. "... I'm not worth their time... I'm not worth feeding..." Urushihara thought. And tears started pricking at his eyes again.

His stomach growled again.

~*~

It was late that day. Perhaps 5pm? Ish? Urushihara didn't know. He was at a park. His stomach had stopped growling. Not because he had eaten though. Perhaps it got used to the hunger? Urushihara didn't know. All he knew was that he needed a place to rest. All that walking made him tired. But, everywhere he went, people were so cold to him. He asked someone if they knew anywhere he could rest, and they answered "the trash, freak" and pushed him aside. He swore they looked like they wanted to kill him. Urushihara was very scared. And he still is scared.

He asked someone where the nearest gas station was, hoping he could perhaps use the restroom there or something, but they just walked past him, shoving him in the shoulder and making him fall to the ground.

"... I miss Maou..." Maou was the one who most often stood up for him. Calming down Ashiya whenever he got too mad at him. And even making sure he ate enough food at meals. Even if it was just pork bowls. Maou didn't let him go hungry. And whenever winter set in and he got cold, Maou lent him a blanket, or offered to let him sleep with him and Ashiya on a futon. He treated him like family. And in those moments, Urushihara felt like family.

"... But I messed it all up and now Maou hates me... he hates me! I'm garbage to him!" Urushihara started sobbing again. He hated being alone. He was so scared, and cold, and hungry.

How could he survive any of this?