•California College• Billy Hargrove

Requested? Nope.
Warnings: Swearing, slight angst leading to something super fluffy
Word Count: 2.9k

You step into Billy's small, one bedroom apartment. It was dim and gloomy, but still managed to be homey. There was a living area with a couch and coffee table by a television, connected to a small kitchen.

There was also a hall with a bathroom at the end and a closed door, which you guessed was his bedroom. You put a medium sized box down to the floor gently beside the couch, Billy following and putting down your suitcase.

The box had pictures and knickknacks, while the suitcase was filled to the brim with clothes. You aren't quite sure how you managed to cram all your clothes in the suitcase, but it was pretty roomy and you've always been a master at packing.

"Thank you again for letting me stay here," you say and wipe your palms on your pants. Billy chuckles and shakes his head.

"For the fifteenth time, it's no problem." You smile at him. He throws his keys in a little porcelain dish, and you do the same with your car keys. He walks off the kitchen and looks in the freezer. "You want some pizza?"

"I could eat, do you mind if I make a call first?" He grabs a frozen pizza and points at the phone hanging on the wall by the bedroom door. You walk over, taking the phone off the receiver and dialing the number you've called a hundred times.

"Hello?" A higher pitched male voice answers.

"Hey, Will. It's Y/N." You could practically hear the smile on the young teen's face.

"Hey, Y/N! How's California?" Will asks. You twirl the phone cord idly.

     "Beautiful, you have to visit some day." You and Will talk for a couple more minutes before you ask for Jonathan.

"Sorry, Y/N. He's not here," Will says. Your expression falters, and Billy— who's been watching— notices and furrows his brows.

"Oh... that's fine. Tell him to call me later," you say and try to cover up your disappointed tone.

"I will! Bye," Will says. You mumble your reply before hanging up. You tried not to be as sad as you were, but the feeling creeped up on you and wouldn't go away. He said to call as soon as you got here, he promised he'd answer.

You admit you and him didn't have a perfect relationship. He was still hung up on his ex, Nancy Wheeler, despite how adamantly he's been denying it. But the way he acted before you left, so heartbroken and looking forward to when he'll see you next, made you think that he was finally over her. You decide that you're overthinking and that he'll call back and walk over to Billy.

"Rough call?" He asks and hands you a plate with two slices of pizza on it. You sigh a little.

"His brother answered, said Jonathan isn't home," you say and pick up a slice, biting into it. He follows and starts eating himself. "It's probably nothing, what are you doing over here? School?"

"I didn't have enough for college, I didn't really want to go anyway, so I got a job at the mechanics. I did all the work on my Camaro, figured why not." You nod along while taking bites.

"I guess that explains the muscles," you say with a teasing smirk. He slyly smirks back.

"So you've been looking?" He leans forward and rests his head on his fist, dragging his tongue across his bottom lip. You blush and shake your head. He smiles to show he wasn't really going to make a move on you and leans back again.