Let This Mother Out (2)

"I'm baaaaack!" Matteo sung while waltzing through the front door. He saw his sisters in the kitchen and walked towards them. "So, what happened during the time that I was gone?"

"We've decided not to use the spirit board until we give Harry the truth serum." Macy told him, Matteo nodding.

"Smart." He laid his head on Macy's and watched her work before the front door slammed open, Alejandro storming in and looking around for Matteo, who ducked under the table.

"Matteo I am not up for your childish games." Alejandro grumbled while picking his friend up and shaking him by the arms. "You never called me when you got to that hotel either!"

"How in the fucking hell did you know I was there?"

"You share your location with me." Alejandro deadpanned as he set him down, looking over at his thoroughly amused sisters. "Good morning."

"Morning Jandro." They chorused, Alejandro picking up Matteo's school bag and hoisting it on his shoulder.

"Matteo, we're leaving."

"We are?" Matteo found himself on his friends shoulder, a confused look crossing his features. "I guess we are. Don't have too much fun!"

"So you guys kissed, and you climbed out of the window?" Alejandro deadpanned from the backseat. They were outside of the college, Macy inside to give Harry the truth serum while the two friends waited in the car.

"Yeah. If he thought him kissing me was going to stop me from escaping, he must've drank beforehand." Matteo scoffed. The two of them screamed when Harry knocked on Matteo's window, Alejandro literally snatching the smaller boy out of his seat and climbing out of the car in a split second, starting to run. "WAIT BITCH MY PHONE!"

"WE COULD BE GETTING CHASED BY A MURDERER AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT A PHONE?!"

"YES!" Matteo screamed at him, the both of them screaming again when a hand grabbed them, finding themselves standing in the attic of Matteo's house. "Harold please tell me that you grabbed my phone!"

"Here you are." Matteo grabbed his phone and cradled it to his chest, ignoring the pinging coming from it. Matteo glanced over at his other sisters, his breath halting when he saw something standing there.

"Guys? What's that?" It looked hideous, black around its mouth and eyes, the smile it had looked more menacing to him than the others in the room. Matteo found himself clinging to Alejandro as his eyes watered in fear, his friend hugging him tighter as an uneasy feeling settled in his stomach. "Ale, I'm scared."

"Matteo, that's mom." Maggie said in confusion, Matteo burying his face into Alejandro's shoulder as they passed by the thing, refusing to look up again.

"I know witches are good at conjuring up anything, but that wasn't your mom." Alejandro mumbled as Matteo slid out of his arms, heading into the kitchen. "No, what's wrong?"

"It looked so scary, scarier than that ice demon." Matteo mumbled as he got out the ingredients to make a cake, Alejandro sitting at the island to watch him bake and vent. "It's stupid that they would do something like that, especially when mom has been gone for months."

"It is, but how are you feeling about this?"

"Scared! If you would've seen what I did-no! Would've felt the energy it was giving off, you would be too!" Matteo said, mixing the ingredients together as Alejandro got the cake pan and sprayed some 'Pam' on it. "It was so....evil."

"You're gonna eat this cake by yourself?" Alejandro asked when Matteo pulled out two more pans, pouring the batter in and putting them in the oven. "Even with my help, it's gonna be too much."