Leprechaun Adventure

My name is Sarah Weljer, I'm a seventh grader, and I live with my Aunt Marie, my Uncle Lucas, and my fifth grade younger brother Nico. This past St. Patrick's Day, I found a four-leaf clover. I called Nico over and he awed over the fact that I found a four-leaf clover! I looked at him and nodded. Nico grabbed the other side of the steam and nodded. We both made the same wish. Then suddenly a rainbow kind of wind surrounded us. "What's happening!" Nico cried.

"I dunno." I replied.

The wind began moving us up to a wooden stump. The stump opened up to reveal a slide. The wind dropped us onto the slide and we began to slide down. When we hit the the bottom a little leprechaun was at our feet looking up as though he had something to say. That was the beginning of a very wacky day! Let me tell you what happened...

"Care for some pub drinks," asked the leprechaun in a high pitched voice offering us some pub.

"Eh, why not," I shrugged.

The leprechaun gave us tiny wooden cups filled with a yellow liquid that smelt suspiciously of alcohol.

"Cheers," I laughed to Nico.

"Cheers," Nico said with a smile.

We clinked our cups together and finished the cups in a splat.

"So what the bloody hell are we here for," Nico asked

"Nico! Watch your language! Even if it was two hundred years ago," I scolded.

"Pardon me," Nico snapped back rolling his eyes.

The leprechaun rolled his eyes and hopped back to the stump.

"Just sing, leprechaun, la la la, leprechaun, ha ha ha, do you know the password. I just sang it," the leprechaun told us.

Me and Nico exchanged glances and sang the lines. Suddenly the wind came again. It seemed to coo at us. The leprechaun handed me and Nico our clover back. The wind picked us brought up and brought us too the top of a rainbow.

When we landed on the rainbow I expected to just go through it. But instead me and Nico landed right on it.

"Coool," laughed Nico

I sighed and laughed. Suddenly another leprechaun appeared.

"Care for some pub drinks,"

I looked at Nico and he shook his head and turned back to the leprechaun.

"No thank you. But do you have any water and some snacks," Nico asked.

The leprechaun nodded and disappeared in a rainbow flash. I turned to Nico and asked,

"What kind of snacks do you think they'll serve,"

Nico shrugged. Then he start panting harshly. I realized that I forgot Nico had asthma. I reached into my blue backpack and pulled out his inhaler. The leprechaun appeared carrying a human sized tray with plates of snacks that looked kinda like crackers but were different colors, and two glasses of water. The poor thing looked like it was Atlas holding up to sky. I lifted the tray of of him and set it on the rainbow.

"Look in your pocket," wheezed the leprechaun.

I shoved my hand into my pocket and pulled out a brown wallet that had a four-leaved clover decoration on it. I opened it and it was filled with four-leaved clovers. Nico had a four-leaved clover wallet too.

"You can pay leprechauns with that," the leprechaun told us. "Speaking of paying."

I handed him five clovers and he slid down the rainbow away. I turned to Nico and said, "Well he didn't give us these snacks for nothing,". I picked up one cracker and bit it.