듣다₃

"Keep slouching and you'll get shorter

"Keep slouching and you'll get shorter."

Taehyung dropped his pencil in surprise. As he flinched, his pencil was pushed off the table. He turns to get it, but another person's hand holds it in their palm. "Oh, Sunbae," Taehyung bowed his head when he realizes who saved his pencil. "Hello."

"Wah, still being formal as always," His Sunbae chuckles softly before placing the pencil back on the table and pulling out a chair beside him. "It's Seokjin! At least call me Hyung."

"... We don't know each other that well," Taehyung murmured, taking the pencil back and glancing back at his notes. "... How was your military service?"

"I came all the way here to visit you and this is all you ask?" Seokjin rests his elbow on the table and pouts. "Who knew my Hoobae was so cold-hearted~"

"How was your day, Seokjin hyung?" Taehyung sighed, placing his pencil down and turning to Seokjin. He purses his lips before they could twitch from aggravation. "If you don't mind, I'm studying for exams. I'm in the biotechnology department now."

"... Switched again? You can't keep running away from it, you know?" Seokjin hums, "You're gonna have to do military service soon, and you still can't figure out what you want to graduate with?"

"I want to graduate with something I have a passion for," Taehyung shrugs, "If I graduate with a major I lost interest for then I'll have a job I don't like. It'll just be for money, I'll hate my life if it becomes that way. I'll keep changing till I feel satisfied. Nothing's going to change my mind."

"Why can't you be timid like my other hoobaes?" Seokjin laughed before sighing, he props his elbow on the top of the chair. Leaning back and taking a look at Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung. He is a couple years younger than Seokjin, but if it weren't for the formalities: it was hard to notice that he was due to his intimidation in academics. They knew each other when Taehyung was in his third year of changing majors, Seokjin was in the Law department when it was announced Taehyung was joining.

After Seokjin graduated from Law, he headed straight into his military service. Being the older one, he quickly lost his connections with his former younger colleagues after his service since not many were close. Seokjin basically forced their friendship to stay alive: spending time to call and text Taehyung whenever he can, sneaking out at night during his service, and sending gifts during holidays to his door. Though Taehyung doesn't seem like it, but he does appreciate his Sunbae.

"Timid?" Taehyung tilts his head to the side, "I would be if it weren't for your constant nagging during your service."

"Wah," Seokjin hums, "It gets lonely, you know! It was hard not to run out and eat, drink, and have all the fun I want! I always had to wake up early, so I never got to have fun. Hmph."

"Let's not bicker," Taehyung shakes his head, "We're in a library, and I've already been having a hard time during class. I need to focus. You can understand that, right?"