06 - Market

This is the day.

The day Jimin would take me to the other side of the lake.

A sigh leaves my lips as I mull over the fact that my burden will be absolved.

It was satisfying, not the jarring feeling I felt for days that slowly sucks the air out of my lungs.

Every movement is accompanied with a prickly thorn that jags the insides.

Jimin just left after informing me of the matter and told me to change.

Shrugging the mere thoughts I shuffle around to get everything I needed, a yellow scarf coils around my arm as I noticed it was cold and damp outside.

A draft enters through the slat of my window and I immediately scamper to close the remaining space. Goosebumps appear on my whole and I shiver in response.

The door creaks open, emitting a slender figure draped in casual tee and jeans.

"Aren't you gonna bring a jacket? It's cold outside" I say.

"No, I can manage."

We walk down the hallway and halt our movements at the top of the staircase.

"Promise me, you'll tell me once you see something there" he says tone hushed, like he is talking to a mere child; incognizant, clueless.

"Yes, I promise."

My words infinitesimal to match his tone of utterance, but thoughts run endlessly like a marathon.

The way he stirs and his remarks make me feel like we are going on a battlefield, without knowing if we would survive the impending fall.
He's confusing, even more confusing than the ugly plight I am in.

But the one thing I'm concerned about is, how are we gonna get there? Sure there could be buses or cars around but the place we're in, I highly doubt there would be vehicles free to give services. Especially when we're in the desolate and quite part of the town.

Descending down the stairs I fasten my pace to catch up with the guy's nimble legs.

"Hey hey," I say.

He stops mid-way, feet intact on the ground as to not tumble from the sudden brake. Turning swiftly he asks with a curious look, brows are cocked.

"How are we gonna get there? There's hardly any vehicles here" I ask.

A smile tugs his plump lips, "I have my ways, come on let's get out of here."

He gently grabs my wrist to pull us down, the living room is empty when we pass by. Our parents are out right now, tryna make friends with our long-distance neighbors.

A car is outside, engine on. There is a guy in the driver's seat but I can't quite make out because of the tinted windows.

And as if my thoughts were heard the car shifts in sync with the descent of the car's windows, out came a peeking head of a man, urging us to go inside.

Jimin pulls me inside, a sigh of relief came from his mouth as a visible air of cold floats in front of him.

The driver faces us, and boy is he gorgeous. He has brown hair that brushes his forehead in fringes, long face and a very strong jawline. His lips curve to a huge, bright, heart-shaped smile.

"Hello, I'm Hoseok, Jimin's friend" he stretches out a hand to the backseat, taking it I suspire heavily at the shining solace in front of me.

His smile brings upon a relief that shuts out even the hauntingly of all thoughts.

"And this is my sister, Y/N" my brother says.