Our First Date

Y/n's P.O.V

Finding out that Sonic lived in a cave didn't sit right with me. He's our hero. He shouldn't be living in a cave of all places. It took a lot of convincing my dad, but both of my parents agreed to let Sonic live with us.

Well, since we didn't have an extra room, Sonic would be sharing my room with me. That's why my dad needed a good bit of convincing.

Now for the plan. I was going to take Sonic on a date while my parents moved all of his stuff from his cave to my room. They were also putting in a new bed for him. However, I don't see him using it much.

I was up bright and early to prepare for the date. Since people knew Sonic existed now, I could take him wherever I wanted. I planned to take him to a movie and then back to my house.

While I was making my way to Sonic's cave, I thought about how happy he would be to stay with me. He's come over pretty much every day since the end of our battle with Eggman.

When I reached the cave I stood outside and called for Sonic.

"Sonic! Are you ready to go?"

I heard a few loud crashes and thuds before Sonic came running out of his cave. I giggled at his antics while he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey, Y/n. You're looking as lovely as always."

I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug, crouching to his level.

"You're too cute."

"Oh, hang on a second. I got something for you."

Sonic got me something? I should have known. He rushed into his cave and came back out with a hand behind his back.

"Sonic, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Well, I just figured it would be nice to make our first real date extra special."

He moved his hand out, revealing a little bracelet made of flowers weaved together. He gently took my hand, slipping it onto my wrist.

"Sonic, it's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

Sonic gave me a quick kiss and then held his hands out, pulling me to my feet. He continued to hold one of my hands and smiled at me with a goofy little grin.

"Let's get to that movie."

I nodded and we started walking back towards the town. Normally Sonic would love rushing everywhere, but he seemed to like slowing down to spend time with me. It made our relationship much more meaningful.

As we walked through town towards the theater, people waved at us. Some cheered for Sonic or thanked him. Others commented about how cute we were. I felt embarrassed getting so much attention, but Sonic just squeezed my hand lightly.

"Don't be embarrassed, Y/n. I'm with you."

"Of course."

When we reached the theater, my phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my pocket, seeing a message in the group chat I had with my parents.