14 | spacewalker's sins

chapter fourteen
SPACEWALKER'S SINS
"but my hope is burning,
the shadows are calling us out."

Bellamy watched as Clarke's figure came closer and closer to the camp from meeting with Lexa to discuss the truce

"Hold your fire! She's back!" He bellowed, "Open the gate."

Major Byrne ordered, "Power up the gates. Roll-out positions. Stay ready!"

Bellamy eyed the two men on horses on both sides of Clarke suspiciously.

Finn ran up to Clarke, "You okay?"

Clarke seemed to try to shove him out of view from the Grounder's, "Shut the gate."

She turned to Finn, walking him away from the gate, "You can't be out here."

Abby joined the group, scanning her daughters face, "What did she say? Is there a chance for a truce?"

"Yes."

Finn could sense her hesitance, "What's wrong?"

"They want you." She told him flatly, visibly upset, "If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn."

Raven jumped in the conversation, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"That's their offer."

"That's not an offer."

"It's punishment." Finn said, a hint of defeat already encompassing him, "For what happened at the village. Blood for blood."

Bellamy shook his head, "That's insane."

"If we refuse?" Abby asked.

Clarke breathed deeply, "They attack."

"I say we give him up! Get rid of him!" Someone in the crowd yelled out, causing others to shout in agreement.

Bellamy felt the anger levels in everyone around him rise. He realized they probably should have shared this news somewhere more private. But it was too late for that.

Major Byrne tried to calm the heated crowd, "Easy, people."

Another man spoke up, "Give him to the Grounders!"

Raven's temper was rising with the rest of the crowd. She lunged at the man, "Back off!"

Clarke pulled Raven back while Bellamy held off the angry man.

"Hey, Raven! Raven, listen to me." Clarke raises her eyebrows at Raven, "Nothing is gonna happen to him. I promise, okay?"

"I'm not dying for him." Someone else stepped forward, "Spacewalker burned 3 months of oxygen from the Ark. We should've floated him a long time ago. Throw him out!"

This really set Raven off. She punched him in the face, ready to go again, "Back off!"

Major Byrne pulled her away, "Stop, Raven!"