Chapter 32: Sole

A/N:

T-2 days

This is my favourite chapter.

I don't know why.

You're all free to disagree with me.

Enjoy :)

xoxo

***

"There's a little bit of something me, in everything in you." - If You're Gone (Matchbox 20)

I wished Maria were upset—or angry.

Those would have been easier to deal with rather than the calmness she showed when she called.

She asked if I knew about the latest blind item from Sole.

I had no idea dahil busy kami sa pagso-shooting.

Tinanong ko siya but she said it's better if I check YouTube or whatever channel Sole's talk show was aired.

I think she was more worried that the photo showed Henry.

Hindi man pinakita ang mukha ng kapatid niya but we both knew when it was taken.

I was right after all.

Meron ngang sumusunod sa akin the night I went to pick them up before they spent the weekend with me.

I inwardly cursed Sole.

Things are going pretty well between Maria and I.

That was until the blind item happened.

Hindi na nga dapat blind item ang tawag dito dahil she was more brazen this time.

Gumamit pa talaga siya ng pictures.

Kahit sabihin na burado ang mukha namin ni Henry, my haircut and my clothes was enough to give everything away.

I understand why Maria was very concerned.

Pati ang kapatid niya na nananahimik eh nadadamay sa ginagawa ni Sole.

After ending the call, nilapitan ko agad si Neri.

Dinala ko siya sa tahimik na bahagi ng set at dalawa kami na naghanap ng video clip for Sole's latest episode.

When I saw it, pati ako nadismaya.

"You need to deal with this, Kyle." Inis na sabi ni Neri.

"I don't think you can ignore her this time." Concern na payo niya sa akin.

"I will. I have to. She can't keep doing this." I didn't conceal the anger in my voice.

It's a different story if it was just me.

But other people are being dragged into the issue.

I have to put a stop to it.

Tinawagan ko ulit si Maria to assure her na wala siyang dapat ipag-alala.

"Anong balak mong gawin diyan sa ex mo?"

I was stunned.

When I didn't come up with a quick response, she told me how she found out.

"Huwag kang magalit kay Krista. Concern lang iyon sa akin." Paliwanag niya.

"Mabuti na din na alam ko dahil baka kung hintayin kitang mag-open tungkol sa relasyon ninyo ni Sole eh baka mamuti ang mga mata ko."

"I'm sorry, Maria." That's all I could come up with.

It never occurred to me to tell her about my relationship with Sole.