New life (Medic x Reader x Heavy) Part 1

Art by: Kredous 

Support this Boi!

I'm tagging KrhisnaPanganiban because she was so sweet to tag me in her work earlier.

Warnings: 

- Past relationship with Demoman, death of a partner.

- Reader has PTSD :(

- FEM Reader

- Poly relationship

The desert landscape behind the train windows stretched endlessly. Red-orange rocks, tall cactuses, bushes dried to dust and telephone lines were the most common elements. Sometimes an animal sneaked into the distance, blurred to the point where it can't be identified. 

(y/n) sat alone in a train compartment where she could hear the laughter and loud conversations of other mercenaries behind both walls. Probably as she they got orders to move to the individual units from Miss Pauling. A folder with specific instructions was lying on the seat opposite her. 

The war of robots ended only a month ago and this old woman as If nothing happened, send her to the front to continue fighting in this never-ending war. Of course, at the beginning it even seemed to be a well-paid job for her. Now the money didn't play any role here. She was just hoping that, like Miss Pauling said, she'd forget about what happened in the past, and... 

Tears have slowly flowed into your eyes. Actually, to the right one you still have. In the left one there was now a big hole with a scar that stretched from cheek to forehead. You remembered that day when you went into battle with those six giant robots supposed to look like Pyro. You destroyed five of them without any problem, skillfully avoiding flames. Unfortunately, the last one was able to strike a painful blow with his axe. Your Medic saved what was left of your eye. 

The same day you found out that you lost it forever. The same day Demo gave you one of his eye patches. From that moment on, you never took it off.

The sign Teufort appeared on the information board. Your station of destination. You wiped tears with your jacket sleeve and grabbed the only bag you had and the folder from the seat. 

Walking through the hallway, you heard the conversations of people passing by getting silent and being replaced by a whisper. 

- Zhat's her? -

- Yeah. -

- Sure she is! -

- I can't believe it! -

- What happened to her eye? -

- You saw those scars? -

- They say she can defeat the entire opposite team alone. -

- Ha! We'll see about that. -

You tried to stay out of sight and get to the exit before the train gets to stations. Suddenly a tall man stood in your way. 

- They say you're one of those legendary mercenaries who fought first in this area, maggot! -

Soldier put his hands on his chest. From your position, you saw his eyes hidden under the helmet slowly scan your figure. His eyesight stopped a little longer on your left eye and quickly returned to your face. 

- I won't let you through until you prove it to me. -

Great. The only thing you need now is a fight with a mercenary who has the same uniform colors as you. Well, you might need a refreshment.