Bad Reputation

Magnolia

    I woke up that next morning to find myself cuddled on  Rowen's chest. I quickly rolled off of him, careful not to wake him. Come on Nola, you're better than that, don't make this awkward with the boys... I didn't let myself dwell on the thought for too long.

    I wandered into the huge kitchen. I have a great idea- I'll make em pancakes, I thought excitedly. My mom's pancake recipe is the best on the planet, and I know everyone thinks that, but everyone who has tasted my moms says it's better than their mama's. They are sweet and almost crepe-like in their thickness. I look down at my phone to see what time it is... 10:00! We are supposed to be there in two hours, but I don't have much getting read to do, but still, I better start on the pancakes.

    As I mix the batter, I decide to blast music, maybe not thinking anyone was still asleep but also not really caring. I play Bad Reputation by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Lemme just say I get super into it. I am not an amazing dancer, but I just don't care. I dance around jumping up and down, even having a couple of air guitars. I even start screaming the lyrics. I get super into the song, I don't notice the little crowd I've gathered behind the other side of the Island. Just as the song ends, I finish the pancakes and turn around and almost drop the plate when I see all the boys.

    Honestly, it was quite the sight to see, Caspian was almost asleep on the counter, head down and even messier hair than usual. Rowen had this annoying smirk plastered all over his face. Laurent Is enjoying a cup of black coffee, looking as if he doesn't have a care in the world. Matteo I shirtless (no complaints) and I have to force myself not to ogle.

    "Mornin' gorgeous," Rowen says and leans over to grab a pancake from my plate. I slap his hand away before he can grab one.

    "Get some manners," I chide, laughing.

    "Get a room," Laurent said, and coughed and walked away. I felt a blush creep over my face and I just rolled my eyes, trying not to get even redder than I already was. I then silently handed out plates and got everyone their pancakes. Caspian was like a little child as he poured an excessive amount of syrup on his.

    "Thank you for the breakfast, Magnolia," Matteo said and gave me a genuine smile.

    "Ptf, it's much better than your cooking," Caspain interjected. I awkwardly laughed and went downstairs to get ready. Caspian gets up and follows me.

I turned around to give him a look, "Look if you wanted to get in bed with me, you shoulda just asked," I teased.

"Har har," He said sarcastically. "Look... I just wanted to thank you for yesterday," His voice whist and earnest.

    "Seriously Caspian, don't worry about it. Call me if you need me to help with stuff like that again," I said, turning away.

    Caspian grabbed my arm to stop me and looked into my eyes, his blue piercing mine. "Why didn't you ask?" I know exactly what he means. Why didn't you ask what happened?

    I hesitate, "Because... Because you'd tell me if you wanted me to know." He simply nods and releases me. I walk down to my room, trying to feel confident again.

    I know I may seem super confident to some people, but honestly, I'm not. I always feel like everyone around me doesn't want me there, and then I try to express that, they just roll their eyes. I get it, how could I have any problems? My parents are happily married, I am wealthy, I am tall and blonde, and I get it. I mean I do, but when I look in the mirror I still see a pimple-faced, frizzy-haired girl with braces, who will never have any guy like her. I mean, that's who I was in middle school. And it's such a stupid thing to worry about, will boys like you, but I have been rejected multiple times, I have been in shitty relationships because I just feel the need to have someone like me. It's dumb I know. But the one thing that helps me feel good is music. So, I play some.

I shuffle my music and play Jesus, Etc by Wilco, which I love. It reminds me of home, and it's one of my favorite songs to sing. I am not someone who has beautiful, powerful voices like Adele. It isn't high pitched and insanely good like Ariana Grande, rather my voice feels like home. It doesn't really make sense, but that's what I think.

I put on a short, bright blue sundress and Gucci tennis shoes, and pack up my bag. I brush through my hair and put some makeup on. I scramble upstairs when I hear Rowen call my name throughout the house.

"Hey! I'm all ready!" I say excitedly. Before I can protest, Rowen takes my bag from me. He's dressed smoothly, and he looks devastatingly handsome, but also, more closed off than before. All the boys and I walk into the garage of the house, which is filled with sports cars. I stare ogling. Matteo notices and winks.

"Maybe I'll let you race me one day," he offers, and it takes everything in me not to squeal with excitement. I load into a car with Rowen and Caspian, I sit in the tiny back seats of the sports car. My long legs are starting to cramp up.

"Hey look, If I sit back here I call Ox," I say defiantly. I see Rowen hesitate before nodding to Caspian who hands it back to me. I play What's The Frequency, Kenneth? by R.E.M. and honestly, the boys seem to enjoy it. Like, Even Rowen starts singing along and I laugh as I join in.

When the song stops, Rowen catches my eye in the rearview mirror. "Ya know we are planning on playing that song?" he says smiling.

"Reall?!" for some reason, I am in such a good mood today. Not even that annoying Gemma girl can rain on my parade. Maybe it has to do with waking up in Rowen's arms? I shake away the thought. He probably gets with girls all the time, it's naive to think I'm anything different, and come on, it was an accident.

Suddenly, we roll through the gates of the school and my jaw drops. "Holy shit," I mutter as I stare at it's beautiful, sprawling grounds. It looks like something out of a book or a movie. It's gorgeous and almost castle-like. At the front of one of the buildings, there are tons of cars parked and people getting out. There are tons of sports cars as well, and designer luggage.

Caspian starts pointing out buildings, and I am shocked about how much they have. They even have stables?! I grew up going to a small urban day school, so this is literally the opposite.

The Boys climb out of the car, and I can see people turning and starting to whisper. I hope I don't look dumb or something... I think, but then I realize everyone is whispering about the boys. Suddenly, Caspian and Rowen both are steeled, and silently help me out of the car. Laurent and Matteo arrive moments later and join us.

"Are we all in the same building?" I ask, uncomfortable with the silence, I see Laurent glance at me.

"Yes, girls on the bottom two levels, boys on the top two", he says, explaining as we walk up to the dormitory building. As he does, a beautiful, but severe woman walks out to greet us, with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello Mr. Ashworth, it is so nice to see you once again," the woman offers her hand. Rowen shakes it firmly and gives her a tight-lipped smile. "This must be Ms. Harris, I am so pleased to meet you." She doesn't offer me her hand, she barely glances at me. Thanks for that I guess, I think as I follow them inside.

"Ms. Harris, I have had your bags brought up to your room, which is on the 2nd floor. Boys, you know where your rooms are, but if you'd like me to escort you up I'd be happy to," Her voice... bothers me. I don't know what else to say. I glance between her and the boys, who simply nod.

"I don't think that'll be necessary Mrs. Blanc, but thank you anyway," He asserts. He grabs my hand and pulls me with him up the main stairwell. None of us say anything as he brings me to my door.

"Well, I'll see ya around," I say, dropping his hand. He nods and continues up to his room. I frown, why are they acting like that? I am still lost in thought when I open up the door to my room.

Inside, I see seated on one of the beds, an insanely gorgeous girl with long chocolate brown hair and matching eyes.

"Hi! I'm Indi Laneswood, It's so nice to meet you!" she flashes a smile at me.

Hi! this is a long one so I hope you like it! <3