Chapter 1

12:30pm. The dreaded hour finally arrived at the Fairy Tail guild hall one Saturday afternoon. The guild hall was the centre of attention in the charming town of Magnolia. Wizards gathered all over the globe to take a glance at its magnificence. However, that magnificence was no longer present, at this disastrous hour. The same hour that always sparked up arguments between the two closest buddies that resided in the guild.

Lunch Time.

Natsu - a hot - headed, pink haired fire wizard - and Happy - his furry, cyan blue, kitty companion. Once again, these two were caught up in a battle to the death. The cause you may ask? Well, Natsu courageously (or perhaps irresponsibly) made the unspeakable decision to insult his best friends favorite food. Fish.        "Natsu, you crazy freak!!! Fish is an absolute DELICACY, and I will not allow it to be insulted by the likes of you!" Happy declared boldly. He cradled the slimy, raw sea creature in his furry arms.
"Don't worry little fishie, I'll protect you from Natsu's filthy words" he whispered softly. The lifeless organism flopped further towards the floor.
"I'm not being mean to the thing Happy, I'm just saying its taste is nasty! I only speak the truth you know?! There are way better kinds of fish than that thing out there. Go and find one of them"
Natsu's attempt to save his own skin really didn't go in his favour, as Happy began to leap off the crooked, old picnic bench and headed towards the guild hall's exit.
"Come on Lucy, help me out here!" Natsu turned to Fairy Tail's celestial wizard for guidance. Lucy Heartfilia was a stubborn individual who had no intention of getting involved in their feud.
"No. If you want to bring him back, go and do it yourself Natsu" Lucy grumbled.
"Fine then! Some partner you are" Natsu began to storm off after his buddy, slamming the door behind him.
"Jeez, why is he always such a piece of work at this hour?" Lucy sighed.

"Happy. Hey Happy, hold on a sec."
Natsu chased after his furry friend through the bustling streets of Magnolia. Happy eventually came to a halt in front of a small stream that flowed gently through the countryside.
"Natsu, I won't allow you to walk all over my fishies anymore"
He turned towards Natsu, and stared him dead in the eyes. His piercing gaze strong enough to cause even Gods to tremble.
"What are you getting all worked up for little buddy? It's just a fish."
Natsu twitches his eyebrow in confusion. Suddenly, Happy intensely opened his wings and flew straight towards Natsu like a torpedo.
Angling his head, Happy fiercely headbutted Natsu square in his forehead. A blast powerful enough to send the mighty dragon slayer to his knees.
"OW! Happy! What was that all about?!"
Natsu sluggishly rubbed the ever growing, throbbing lump on his forehead.
"How about you try walking all over my fish now you scoundrel!!"
Happy swooped down towards Natsu's feet and reached out his dainty paws. Rapidly, Happy snatched Natsu's beloved, tattered sandals and lobbed them into the stream a couple metres away.
It was at that moment, Natsu knew.
He fucked up.