❄︎ 2 ❄︎

⊰ Chapter two: Stop complaining! ⊱
____________

⊰ Chapter two: Stop complaining! ⊱____________

*Candace POV*

"That is great news!"

After hearing my fathers' declaration of our vacation destination, my depression hit its peak. Needing my girls, I choose the next day to meet with them. I knew it's a bad time to get together, as we are getting ready for our new chapter in life. University life peered from the corner, showing its shadow to reminding us of our upcoming life for the nearest 4 years.

"I don't understand why you are complaining." Natalie voiced her opinion, ruffling her natural red hair. Sitting in her nearly empty room got me feeling somehow sentimental. We have been friends since elementary school. Our first meeting was kind of feisty as we had a crush on the same boy. Our hatred was blow out as the boy choose another girl. Since that time we are besties.

"I'm so jealous of your luck," Stella said, pulling a spoon full of chocolate ice cream. Hovering it in one bite, Stella frowned, feeling her brain freeze. Natalie seeing her funny face, burst out laughing, and I after her.

Spending time with them let me forget about my worries about the cold destination of my last family vacation. Of course, I was grateful for getting once in a lifetime chance to spend a vacation in a luxury resort... but why a ski resort of all places?

"Alphas dreams resort & hotel is a dream of many teenagers from our school." Natalie reminded, sitting straight and getting her phone. She showed us pictures of a winter wonderland. Stella got shivers looking at the magical resort, but Natalie switched pictures with some good-looking guys.

Stella let down a box of ice cream and leaned near Natalie, smiling like an old pervert. Rolling my eyes to heaven at their attitude as both of them had boyfriends. Natalie ending with her childhood friend is happier than ever. Stella, on the other hand, just found her soulmate, looking for him on dating apps. He lives in San Francisco, and there she is going to study the Economy.

"They are so dreamy." Stella moaned frustrated, switching faster photos, then my father finds his new scoops, and he is good at it. Taking out my own phone, I groaned at pictures of tropical islands and Latin countries; my old classmates were on vacation. Even Florida was perfect right now.

"Like I said at the began, you are so lucky, bish," Natalie commented, still drooling over pictures of some rich boys. Stella leaned closely, pointing at boys she thought were hotter than others, pretending to cry as she looked through their gallery on Instagram.

I wasn't like them; boys weren't my priority in life, fashion was. Since my first days in high school, fashion was part of my life, begin everywhere. Incredible catwalks and models in the newest collection of famous designers show off their model-like figure, getting every girl jealous of their body. Red carpets with celebrities showing designers most beautiful creations, flashing their million dollars' worth of gowns and suits. That's what I was obsessed with. Not some rich boys who never worked their ass of, knowing how to spend their parent's money.

"Can someone explain to me why Candace of all people is so lucky that she gets to spend a vacation with those hotties around her?" Stella complained and pointed at me, annoyed. Natalie turned off the screen of her phone and glared at me intensely, sending goosebumps down my back.

"Okay, let's forget our negative feelings and talk about the most important thing... What are you going to take with you?" Natalie sighing disappointed, and changed the topic, taking Stella of me hovering over my petite body.

"So... miss fashion critic, what were you thinking to take with you on your life journey?" Another question in my way. I wasn't rich to buy clothes I admired and desired; some were old as my parents, other cheaper edition of my dreams.

"Warm clothes for cold weather. Comfy, casual, and stylish as I can afford." Going through my closet in memories, I stated, getting imagine suitcase out of highest self in wardrobe. Natalie got up from her bed, and with one swift jump, she was in front of her closet, throwing some of her clothes.

"I will not let you go to a luxury ski resort, where you will maybe meet your soulmate, looking homeless." Declared red-haired, shoving in me her most expensive clothes. I protested, trying to push away ridiculously high-priced clothes.

She didn't give up, taking more and more of brand clothes I saw only on celebrities. Stella looking at us assumed, got up, taking my hand, and leading me to Natalie's closet. I was trying so many outfits; we didn't notice when my dad came to get me. Stella was given a lift to her home by us, and with last goodbyes, I was ready for the journey of life like my besties called it, or worst vacation ever, as I called it.

⋖≕≔ ✮ ⋄ ✮ ≕≔⋗

A/N: Some sneak peek at Candace's feelings about her worst vacation ever and getting ready for the journey of her life

-Madelinesworks❤️