Chapter 16: The Lighthouse

Update (5/28/21): Grammatical errors were fixed.

Update v.2 (6/4/23): Grammatical errors fixed, sentence changes here and there.

Mini A/N I honestly feel like this chapter wasn't long enough to post, but I did it anyway! For you guys ❤️ Also, the picture above doesn't really relate to the chapter outfit wise. Pay more attention to her facial expressions. But I'll be quiet now, enjoy the chapter!

Jasper's POV

       It was an extremely sunny Friday afternoon, and I was sitting out on the patio, watching (y/n) and Storm dig around and play in the little sand that was back there. I was wearing one of the outfits (y/n) had bought me before we went to Empire City. Specifically, the one that had the white sweatpants with the matching sports bra. I didn't wear the leather jacket she bought with it because she said that I was 'making her hot by wearing it'. I adjusted the black snapback on my head, running my fingers through the high ponytail that went through the back of the hat. I closed my eyes, sighing as I leaned back on my hands, soaking in the sunlight. I smiled softly, loving the warm feeling of it resting on my skin. "Jasper," (y/n) yelled, breaking me out of my thoughts.

       "What?" I said, not opening my eyes to look at her.

       "Look!" Her tone of voice is what made me tilt my head back down to look at her. I opened my eyes, seeing waterfalls of tears running down her cheeks. Her tears were soaking the sand beneath her feet, and Storm looked extremely uncomfortable. She was holding an orange, ropey looking thing with scarlet spots.

       "What is that thing?" I asked, standing and walking up to her. My feet were bare, and I wasn't entirely expecting the sand to be so hot. I hissed quietly, quickly getting used to the temperature.

       "I-It's a corn snake," she answered, hiccuping as she continued to cry.

       "Okay, why are you crying this time," I asked, rolling my eyes, a smirk on my face. The past couple of days had been hectic.

*Flashback*

Tuesday...

       "Jasper! Why didn't you fucking wake me up," (y/n) yelled from her room as she scrambled to get ready. She had woken up late and was now rushing to get ready for work.

       "Was I supposed to?" I asked frankly, walking out of my room and standing in her doorway. I had been up for about an hour, watching videos on TubeTube, when I heard her alarm ringing from her room. Of course, I didn't get up and do anything because it wasn't my business, and it stopped after about five minutes anyway.

       "Yes, the fuck! You heard the alarm ringing, and did not hear me get up and shower so why didn't you come and wake me up?!" I shrugged, yawning. "That's just common fucking courtesy dickhead," she yelled, throwing her pillow at me, which I caught. That seemed to tick her off more, so she stormed into the bathroom, slamming the door. I heard the water running, so I assumed she was cleaning herself up. I looked at the clock on her nightstand; it read 9:02 AM. A while later, she came out of the bathroom, quickly throwing an outfit on, not caring that I was still in the room with her. "You knew I had to work today," she muttered, jogging past me. I followed her into the kitchen, where she grabbed a banana from the counter and a water bottle from the fridge.

       "Yeah but...it's kinda your own job to wake up. I'm not the one that has a job here," I said, leaning against the kitchen island. She glared at me, and I was taken aback by the hateful look.