Hounded

Rick still hasn't showed back up, we were all eating some weird oatmeal stuff huddled in the cell block. In an awkward silence until finally the voice everyone has been waiting for chimed up, "Everybody okay?"

"Yeah, we are." Maggie answered back as everyone looked up and stopped eating. He walked towards the table where me, Beth, Maggie, Glenn, and Hershel sat.

"What about you?" Hershel questioned, he looked at Carl who was sitting to my right,

"I cleared out the boiler block." He stated.

"How many were there?" Daryl asked.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. just wanted to check on Carl." He said patting Carl's back. As Glenn stood up,

"Rick we can handle taking out the bodies." Glenn said as I chimed in,

"You don't have to." Rick cut me off saying,

"No, I do." He declared and walked past us to Daryl. "Everyone have a gun and a knife?" he asked him.

"Yeah. Runnin' low on ammo, though." He answered,

"Maggie and me were planning on making a run this afternoon." Glenn said still standing, "Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula."

"We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it, in case of emergency. Were gonna sweep the lower levels as well." Daryl said and glanced towards me and I nodded.
"Good. Good. Rick said and quickly made his way back to whatever he was doing before.

"Rick." I said trying to get his attention. But he just walked off, Hershel left to go find Rick I offered to go with but he wanted to go alone. A little while later Daryl told me we were going. Carl, Daryl, Oscar, and I made it to a lower level and there was a banging noise which we found to be a door being banged on slightly. Oscar shined his flashlight on it and said,

"Open it man." Looking towards Daryl, "Must've missed it last night."

"It's probably just one or two of 'em." He said and put his finger onto the door giving it a slight push. "Don't look like they got much fight." He said and pushed the door again, he looked towards me and Carl. "They ain't goin' no where. We'll take care of it on the way back." I walked with Oscar while Daryl and Carl walked the other way, to check a hallway real quick then walked back to Daryl and Carl. Daryl was talking about his mom and how she set the house and herself on fire when he was a kid.

"I shot my mom." Carl said interrupting him, Daryl looked at him, "She was out. Hadn't turned yet." He took a slight pause, "I ended it. It was real. Sorry about your mom." He said breaking eye contact with Daryl, me and Oscar looked at each other with a grim look.

"Sorry about yours." Daryl said, and we all kept moving through the hallways making sure there were no walkers. Carl fell a little behind Daryl so I pick up my speed a little and walked next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a small smile when he looked at me, he smiled sadly and we kept on walking. Every now and then our hands would brush the others and I would let out a small chuckle, and he would give a small smile while Daryl would turn and give us a weird look.

"Oh that's what I'm talking about." Oscar said and walked into a cell We all turned and followed him in. "Mm-hmm. Yeah." He said as he bent over and picked up a pair of red and black plaid slippers I let out a laugh.

"Really?" I asked looking at Daryl.

"What the hell you need slippers for?" He asked and came into the cell as Oscar put them on his hands.

"You know at the end of the day relaxin'." He said with a chuckle and looked at Daryl I turned around to be face to face with a walker and yelped as it grabbed onto my arm Daryl shot it in the head with his crossbow. I panted and thanked him, there was a knife sticking out of his throat, Daryl bent over and pulled it out.

"That's Carol's knife." He stated and wiped it off. Carl, Oscar, and I headed back upstairs, when we got to the cell block we sat down at the table where Beth was making a mystery substance. We all looked over to Rick as he came into the cell block me and Carl stood up as he passed us and went to Hershel who was holding Lil' ass kicker.

"Hey." He said quietly and held her, he smiled at her and then held her close to his chest and looked around at us. We all got up and headed to the courtyard I was next to Carl, "She looks like you." Rick said and looked down at Carl, he smiled and looked at his dad then to his sister. Rick looked over at the fences and then handed the baby to Carl, "Hey, just- you got her?"

"Yeah." Carl said and took her,

"All right." Rick said and looked at me, "Come with me." I nodded and followed him down the gravel walkway I took a look at the fence to see what he was looking at but I only saw walkers. OMG WAIT is this where Michonne comes into the prison?! Or is this where Rick sees Lori outside the fence? Ugh why can't I remember. As we get closer I see Michonne carrying the basket. I tapped Ricks arm,

"We need to help her." He looks at me and nods.

oohhh 959 words fun i really hope youre enjoying this, i am enjoying making this :) thank you for those readingg.