Chapter Two

Addison's POV

I walked into cheer tryouts really nervous. I sat down by the outside bleachers next to the football field.  I saw the rest of the girls who were trying out. I sat next to two girls who looked alike.

"Hi", one of them said.

"Hi", I said back.

"I'm Dixie and this is my younger sister Charli", she had said.

"Im Addison. Are you guys excited to try out", I asked?

"Yeah we love cheering", Charli had said.

We talked a little more about how long we had been cheering and about Beverly High. We then heard yelling and realized that football practice had started. Then I heard the cheerleaders screaming.

"OMG GIRL LOOK AT JORDAN BAKER, HE LOOKS SOO GOOD IN THAT UNIFORM"

"HES A WHOLE SNACK. HE LOOKS YUMMY"

I began to laugh. He had a red practice jersey on which meant he was the quarterback. I had to agree with the girls he did look good. I was staring at him until I heard him yell.

"Hey Addison"

I began to blush and waved and smiled at him. All the girls then looked at me.

"You know Jordan", Dixie asked?

"Yeah we became friends today", I said.

The cheer coach then walked in and greeted everyone.

"Hello everyone I'm coach Gabby. I will be in charge of all the cheerleaders. I love cheer with a passion and have big plans for you all. I have some cheer shorts and shirts for you all to wear to tryouts today. (Outfit on top) You will all be assigned a number. Go change and meet me here", she said.

All the girls went to the locker room to change. We passed the field and I was watching the guys play. I saw Jordan pass the ball to Spencer and then Spencer threw the ball back to Jordan. He then ran and scored a touchdown. He ran and was screaming. I began to giggle. 

"I see you laughing over there Addison", he yelled.

"Sorry I couldn't help it. You looked cute jumping up and down" I said.

"Ohhh so your liking what you see", Jordan said while winking.

"Maybe Mr Quarterback ", I said

"I get out of practice early today so I'll come by and watch your cheer tryouts", he said.

"Okay Quarterback", I said.

I went to the locker room and changed into the shorts and shirt. I walked back next to the field and went to coach Gabby. 

"Hey your new right", She asked me?

"Yeah I just came from Malibu High", I said.

"Wait you were the captain right", she asked?

"Yes", I said.

"Maybe I should consider you for captain here", She said while smiling.

"I would be honored. Thank You", I said. I smiled and she placed my tryouts number on me. It was number 1. Ironic because Jordan's number was 1.

For tryouts we had to learn an entire routine. The routine was very tricky but I could do it. It had mainly flips and stunts. I was a flyer (The girl who gets lifted into the air)

(Thats an example of what they learned and did)

While in the air I looked and saw Jordan watching me in amazement. I smiled and felt motivated. I pushed myself and felt that I did good.  After performing the routine coach Gabby began calling out numbers. She was eliminating people.

"Please step forward when I call your numbers. 18. 14. 4. 26..... congratulations you have all made the Beverly Eagles Cheer team. I looked down. I guess I didn't do as good as I had thought.   I saw Jordan with Asher and Spencer. They all gave me sad looks.

 Coach Gabby then said,"This last girl did amazing today. I didn't call her number because she isn't going to be a regular cheerleader she is going to be captain. She shown an amazing amount of effort and she has had many years of experience. I will gladly say that the new cheer captain is Addison Smith".

I was so happy. Charli and Dixie gave me a hug and everyone congratulated me.

"Practice will be everyday after school and we have a game this Friday", Coach Gabby said.

I grabbed my bag and my water. I began walking to my car. Jordan caught up to me.

"Congrats Ms Captain", he said.

"Thanks Quarterback", I said. 

"I can't wait to have you cheering at my games. I'll finally have something worth winning", he said.

I giggled.

"I'll see you tomorrow Addison", He said.

He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek.

I got into my car and had a huge smile. I think life at Beverly is gonna be great.

A/N- Hey everyone I hope you guys enjoyed!!!