🌸Toko Fukawa x Komaru Naegi🌸

(mmm love me some good tokomaru) (also this is my first attempt at writing fluff so please let me know how it is!) (also also I just got a new computer for my birthday and I'm writing on it :) )

It was a sunny Saturday morning, almost noon, and Toko was nervously getting ready for a picnic with her fairly new girlfriend, Komaru. Even though it was 85 degrees, she still decided to wear some black jeans, a dark t-shirt, and a teal sweater. She took her hair out of her usual braids, and made sure to clean her glasses. She looked in the mirror, slightly satisfied with her outfit choice, and nervously headed out the door.

She hopped in her car and drove to their usual meeting place, a local park with cherry blossom trees that Komaru loved, and Toko found very calming.

As she arrived, she looked out the window saw Komaru waving to her happily in a yellow sundress and white tights. Seeing her girlfriend so happy made Toko blush slightly.

"Hi Toki!" Komaru ran up to Toko and hugged her as she opened the car door.

"H-hey, Komaru, I missed you." She returned the hug to the slightly shorter girl.

Komaru grabbed her hand and led her to a small clearing with a blanket and a picnic basket.

"I know it's kind of cliche and you did already know about this, but do you like it?" she looked back and smiled at Toko, who yet again blushed.

"You r-really didn't need to d-do all this for me, you know..." she smiled and looked to the side.

"Of course I did! You're my girlfriend after all." Komaru sat down and admired Toko's outfit. She was proud of her for meeting up today, and she knew it might be the only time Toko would get out this week.

Toko sat down on the other side of the blanket and looked back at Komaru, who just smiled.

"Oh! And before I forget, I got you something. Here, take it." Komaru reached into the basket and pulled out a small box, wrapped with a bow, and handed it to Toko.

"H-hey, you really didn't have to-" Toko started, moving her hands across some of her hair.

"Well maybe I didn't have to, but you deserve a gift, Toki." She held the box out farther, which Toko nervously accepted.

Toko wrapped her hands around the small box and carefully untied the ribbon, making sure not to harm the box. Sliding it open, she saw a thin gold necklace with a small heart, the letter K engraved on it. Toko gasped slightly and smiled, pulling it out of the box and admiring it.

"Do you like it? Wait- here, lemme grab something..." Komaru reached into her pocket and pulled out an almost identical necklace, hers having the letter T engraved. "See? They match!"

"I-I love it, Komaru!" she smiled wide at her girlfriend, who reached out and hugged her. Toko fell back a bit before returning the hug and resting her head on Komaru's shoulder.

The two girls talked for a bit, Toko blushing, before Komaru reached over to the picnic basket and pulled out cans of lemonade, a bowl of fruit, and two sandwiches.

"Is this good...? I don't really know what you like that much..." Komaru twiddled her thumbs, giving Toko a nervous look.

"It's perfect." Toko said softly, Komaru's face lighting up.

They ate fairly quickly, Komaru finishing her food first, and just admiring Toko as she finished her's. God she looked so pretty, the sun shining on her, her hair blowing in the wind... Komaru could stay here forever.

Toko looked over at Komaru, breaking her out of her daze. the shot haired girl blinked for a moment, then just giggled. "Sorry Toki, you just look so cute right now." She saw the taller girl blush and her eyes widen slightly. She opened her mouth to say something, but just smiled. "I'll take that as a thanks."

"Y-yeah," Toko said quietly, smiling. She then looked up, admiring the cherry blossoms which were almost in full bloom. "I really love this place, y'know..." she leaned back, laying on the picnic blanket, a few flower petals falling in her hair.

Komaru scooted over to Toko, laying next to her, closing her eyes and enjoying the moment. "I think it's a lot better when you're here with me." Toko turned her head to look at Komaru, feeling the rays of sun hit her face through the trees.

Komaru opened her eyes and turned to Toko, then reached down and grabbed her hand, moving closer to the taller girl and wrapped her other arm around Toko's waist. They looked into each other's eyes silently, smiling. Komaru moved her hand up to her girlfriend's face, and Toko fiddled with her hair, blushing. A wistful expression plastered Komaru's face as she moved forward and closed the gap between them. They held the kiss for as long as they could, holding their breath. When they finally moved away, Toko leaned her head into the other girl's chest, and Komaru leaned her head down and kissed the top of Toko's head.

"I love you, Toki."

"I love you too."

(this probably isn't very good but like... Tokomaru gives me life)