Chapter 5

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Tell me what else do you know?
I would ask the mirror,
For it could predict my future,
It answered me,

You'll see your friend again,
But that time you will forget,
You are afraid when you see her,
You become hostile,
While she is nicer,
You will forget who you are,
But you'll never forget her.

I couldn't comprehend,
Whatever she said didn't make sense,
I looked so ridiculous,
Yet she could laugh so much,
Embarrassing.

I had this greed in me,
I wanted to know more,
Whatever she was saying,
There must be a meaning behind it,
Why won't she made it clear?
Why won't she made it easier?

She was fooling me,
Though she looked like me.

*****

The demons brought me into the assembly hall of RAD where they used to summon me from the human world. At that very moment, I got so surprised and clueless that time for I had no clue where I was standing at. No one informed nor warned me about this program. I bet these demons just summoned me without even bothered to send a mail or a telegram of invitation or to tell me that I was chosen. Yeah, they know no manners.

And what's worse, I was chosen merely because my document where there were informations about me was under Lucifer's foot. He said, it was just a coincidence since the wind that time blew the paper and it went under his foot. Why, thank you wind-sama. Out of other ways to be chosen, I had to be chosen like that.

Well, enough complaining. It's time for me to do the same thing they did to me for another human. This is so exciting. I wanted to see what kind of faces they will make.

"Grayson, huh? Was this guy chosen by your foot too?" That was what I wanted to ask but never mind. It was inappropriate and I didn't feel like talking at the moment. I just stared at the document I held in my right hand.

"Interesting," that was all I could say. This time it was also one female, and one male, just like when I was an exchange student back then. Me and Solomon. I wondered which one of these has magic powers this time. But right now, I will be welcoming the male and then, I'll know.

"Interestin', how?" Mammon asked from behind me, staring at the documents as well.

"That," I pointed at Barbatos who was opening some kind of a portal on the floor, probably to summon the new student, Grayson.

So that was how they summoned me. When I was standing there all of the sudden, with no obvious reasons— clueless and lost, it was because of that.

Barbatos was silent, lips pursed, jaws tightened, focused on his task. With the movements of his fingers, making a small circle above the floor which glowed like magic. It was magical, yes. It felt like I was in some kind of a movie, an absurd imagination.

Then, a silhouette appeared from the circle, he was standing. His eyes were closed, probably unconcious, and the light around him slowly fading. I saw his face now— he looked familiar.

Lord Diavolo was sitting on his—which I called it—chief judge seat. Barbatos left when he was done and we all surrounded Grayson who was still stiff like a statue.

Moments later, he finally opened his eyes. He stared at all of us, confusion shown in his eyes, "Where am I....? Who are you?!" He looked frightened as he spat those questions at us. He'd got guts, unlike me back then— I was panicking that I couldn't say a word.