Chapter Two

Bella

          It's quite dreadful because never would I thought of being back anywhere near a university. The past memories of my time as a student was thrilling while it lasted but seeing these students walking around with books in their hands as they talk about their assignments and school work, I don't think I can get over the fact that I've left this behind me . . . way, way, long ago. 

          Adam had sent me an address to this exact café in the campus area which makes me wonder, why would we be meeting near his work area? Well, it would explain very well if he is a professor—they don't really have enough time in their hands. 

          I sit still in my seat, legs crossed with a pair of sunglasses blocking my view. 

          It has been ten minutes since I've arrived and there is no sign of Adam. I'm not really complaining about his lack of punctuality but as a busy woman myself, time is as precious as it can get. I appreciate it when people learn to respect each other's time, knowing well enough that everyone has the same twenty-four hours in a day but spend them differently. 

          The key to my success: time management. I've been keen to keeping track of time. It explains why I keep on glancing down at my wrist watch, feeling a bit anxious about this whole situation. I'm not really sure if I'm a bit frustrated for waiting or am I nervous at the thought of seeing him again? It was a brief encounter regardless of it being sexual.

          "Bella?" A familiar voice calls out my name, which causes me to turn around and see him

          Adam is standing there in his plaid shirt with one hand in his jeans' pocket, looking at me with a smile on his face. His hair has grown slightly longer than the last time I saw him but he seems to be managing it well. He has a backpack on his back and a couple of books in the other hand, making me gaze back up to his face. 

          "I'm sorry, I didn't think my class—" 

          I cut him off by standing up, shaking my head. "This is a mistake." 

          "Wait, Bella!" 

          He keeps on calling me as I walk away, not wanting to deal with this anymore. That night was a mistake and being here right now, trying to tell him the truth is a bigger mistake. For fuck's sake, how can I drag a boy into this mess?! What was I thinking? There is no such thing as going according to plan. 

          I hold tightly onto my handbag, trying to fasten my steps but he manages to catch up with me; immediately standing in front, blocking my way before grabbing a hold of my forearm. 

          "What do you think you're doing?" I roughly pull my hand away, looking around. 

          "I'm sorry." He holds both of his hands up as he keeps on looking at me, "It's just that you called me and you told me there is something important. I'm sorry for making you wait but I'm here now," 

          "I did call you but I just realised that I shouldn't have. Look, let's just forget I even called." I reply, walking away from him but he continues to block my way—making me look up into his eyes after taking off my sunglasses. 

          Our eyes meet again for the first time in weeks and for a second, it did hit me with memories of that night. I just can't let myself drown with unnecessary thoughts. It was a mistake, it was my mistake and I have to own it. I'll deal it myself and he doesn't even have to know. Besides, he has his whole life ahead of him. 

          A baby. My pregnancy. He cannot be involved. 

          "Did I do something wrong?" He frowns, completely confused.