ѕєє уσυ αgαιи

"Can I get a kiss? And could you make it last forever?"

"Izuku, you won't believe what happened to me yesterday!" I squeaked to my younger cousin on the phone, kicking my feet in the air as I laid on my bed.

  "What happened, N/N?"

  "I. Met. Hawks."

  I heard a crash and a scream from the line, and then a deep inhale.

  "WHAT?! HOW?!"

  I freaked out as I relayed the events of the previous day, face turning red from the memories. Izuku was fanboying the whole time, no doubt scribbling things in his notebook.

  "He was so cool, Izu-chan, so cool!"

  "He sounds cool! I wanna meet him too!"

  I giggled, flipping over onto my back and turning on the TV. Today Hawks was going to be interviewed on a popular talk show, and I wasn't gonna miss it for the world. "So how's life at UA?"

  "It's alright, a bit of a bumpy road but I'm starting to enjoy it so far!"

  "I hope that Bakugo guy has stopped messing with you." I said, staring at the television screen as I waited for the show to start.

  "He's...not as bad as before..."

  "Izuku, if I wasn't such an introvert, I'd drive up to UA and cuss him out for you."

  "N/N, you're the best! I don't know why people don't see that."

  I stayed quiet, choosing not to reply to what he said. The theme music for the talk show started, and I gasped.

  "Listen, I'm gonna go, Hawks's interview starts in a couple minutes and I don't wanna miss it. Love you, Izu."

  "Love you, N/N!"

  I hung up the phone quickly, sitting up quickly and crossing my legs as the camera panned to the talk show host. The petite woman flashed the camera a cheesy smile, claps echoing in the studio.

  "Hello, everyone! And welcome back to the show. Today we have a very special guest joining us! Voted hottest hero twice in a row, the number two pro hero, give it up for..."

  I rocked back and forth, brimming with anticipation.

  "...Hawks!"

Loud screams and cheers came from the screen, and I couldn't help but let out a squeal of my own as Hawks walked onto the stage. He sat down in a seat across from the host, waving at the audience. After a while, the cheers and screams calmed down.

"We're very glad to have you on the show, Hawks."

"Glad to be here." Hawks said, beaming. My heart squeezed at the sight of his smile and my face turned red.

"So tell us, what's it like having to go out in public?" The host asked, tapping her foot on the ground. Hawks leaned back, stretching his wings out slightly. His eyes shone.

"Whoo, boy, do I have a story for you guys."

The audience laughed, waiting eagerly for what Hawks was about to say next. I leaned in closer to my TV, eager as well.

  "So yesterday I decided to pop into a merch store, right? Check it out a bit. I walk over to my section and see this tiny girl trying to grab a plushie. Jumping and on her tippytoes and everything." Hawks laughed, and I let out the biggest gasp I had ever had in my life. Was he talking about me?

  "I feel bad for the kid, so I grab it and ask if she wants it signed. Her reaction was so cute, it was like- 'Oh my gosh that's illegal!'" The audience laughed and I felt my face heat up.

  "So I'm like 'eh what the hell' and I sign it. We walk up to the counter together and there's this girl sitting there, looking bored as all hell. But get this: once she sees me her mood IMMEDIATELY changes. She starts staring at me the whole time, won't even acknowledge the poor girl next to me. Let me tell you, I have never been more annoyed in my life." Hawks chuckled, shaking his head.

  "I tell her to acknowledge her customers and whatnot, then I decided to be a little mean to her and ask for a discount. So she finally looks at the kid, but with this disgusted look in her eyes that I couldn't STAND. Then she looks back at me and is like 'Have an AMAZING day, Hawks!' And I tell her somethin' along the lines of: 'Wish I could say the same for you, but you can't even acknowledge your customers with respect.'"

I blinked, confused. That was the look in her eyes? I was used to it, but I didn't even notice.

"So the girl and I walk out of the store, and I apologize cause I feel terrible, y'know? She goes all quiet and I get worried, but then she turns around with this look on her face and was like 'You're so cool! Thank you so much!'"

The audience chuckled, some of them awe-ing. I felt my heart pounding in my chest, my face aflame.

"I start laughing, cause this kid's funny. Then she says 'I'll continue to support you!' And that was probably the cutest thing I've ever heard." Hawks chuckled again, and there was a collective "aww" from the audience and the host.

  'Did he call me...cute?'

  He stared at the camera, grinning. My heart thumped wildly, my lips parted in surprise.

  "So if she's watching this, I hope I meet you again someday."