- 1 -

Leah's POV

The night was crazy. the sweet smell of cigarettes intoxicated the dense air. Teenagers were raving to the music which was blaring out the over-sized speakers , mounted on the walls. You know...your classic high school party. The alcohol I drank finally took hold of me as the effects arose to my head, the surroundings began to swirl round in a continuous loop. The faint feeling of insecurity seeped into my veins. This was strange...very strange. i never responded to alcohol the way i was tonight. I looked at my cold trembling hands in front of we as I looked round. The sheer regret towered over me. The figure of a guy walking me into another room stayed painted in my head, the memory vibrant and clear. I felt a small impact crash against the back of my head before my eyes shut. Darkness...all i could see was darkness.

I felt a throbbing pain seize into my head as I snuggled into the soft, quilted mattress. Wait...what?! I looked around to realize my eyes were of no use, still blurry like in my dream. I sighed as the vulnerability hit me like a hard bacon slap. As i turned over to snuggle back into the bed, i saw the figure of a guy...in the bed i was in. Wait....SHIT! I checked under the blankets frantically. Crap i am naked. Staring at the ceiling, i thought to myself, "who even is this guy?! " My fingers grasped around the duvet as i pulled it up, making sure it covered my impure body. The sheer embarrassment rose to my cheeks as a pink tinted them.

I gained the confidence to turn to get a better view of the guy. It felt like hours passed by. I rolled onto my side and...he was gone?! He was there literally a minute ago! i rubbed my eyes and gazed at the new surroundings. Did he seriously run off? Pathetic. I hope i didn't scare him off...i wasn't that bad was I? I saw a pile of my clothes scattered on the floor. No one is here. I dashed to the pile and quickly threw them on my body. I was still at the party house...either that or i crashed another one because there were unconscious corpses scattered on the floor and a plastic cup here and there. It must've got crazy...hella crazy.I am not usually a party type but you know... you only live once. How was someone like me going to be invited to another party? SHIT! I glanced at my phone. It's 9:15. I am late for school again. I ran with my things and dashed to the street.

My breathing hitched as i had a hand hitting my chest, trying to allow myself to breathe. I scrambled up the front marbled steps, making my way towards the crowded corridors. Immaculate. It always was. The billboards in pristine condition AND up to date, the floor squeaky clean. Perfection. I smiled to myself as i began to stroll to my locker. My opinions stood close to me, i didn't make eye contact with anyone. Well that's what i thought at least.

i glanced over at a boy. A tall, well built boy staring at me, his head on a sight tilt. My eyes met with his, a battle which felt like forever, staring into each others souls. I felt my heart race in my throat as i didn't want to lose this. I didn't even know who he was. As the startling bell rang through the corridors, three other guys walked up to him and took him away, walking towards their lessons. What do I have..oh yes...Mathematics. UGH! I dawdled to my class sitting in my assigned seat. Want to know how to kill a millennial...put them in a Math class.

The teacher was a bit of an idiot...he made stupid jokes which weren't even funny. The class only laughed to shut him up. Like why was six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine! His humor was even worse then my dad's and that is saying something. It felt like years I have sat in that class. I wish it was, because then i would be out of there. My head began to drop onto the table as I began to fall asleep, the teacher's dull tone like a lullaby. It was going great until...

*ring ring*

Next lesson. Even better it was PE, if you didn't realize I hate PE...I hate it with every bit. It was a despicable subject, but I continued anyway. I was wearing my uniform shorts and an over sized shirt. The tennis court was next to the boys lacrosse pitch and, well, teenage girls being teenage girls love seeing sweaty men run round on a sunny day....I don't get it honestly. I mean, if they were good looking it would be easier to understand but the boys at this school weren't the most attractive let's say. They were....different. I gazed over occasionally to see what everyone was so fascinated about but I just couldn't see it. I continued with my sports game.

As I served my shot I won the tournament. I smiled and shook my partners hand trying not to scream like I was inside. My first win in PE...In physical education?! Wow...I'm amazing no one can take this moment from me. Weak vulnerable child who sucks at sport won a game. I was cheering as I heard a scream. But it wasn't female...it came from the lacrosse game.

A young boy...brown hair green eyes was rolling round on the floor with a leg which was bending the wrong way. I'm no doctor but... that was broken. VERY BROKEN. He was escorted away in a stretcher as she turned around, going to continue her victory but was interrupted ..hearing a THUD! What the lemon squeaks was? I looked over the fence again seeing a well built blonde on his back with his lacrosse helmet still on. His body was shaking like crazy. Whenever someone, maybe his friends, goes up to him, he pushes them away. A low growl of anger was all I could hear and the referees whistle. Before another blonde haired boy carried him out of the pitch, allowing us to have the rest of the lesson as break.

I ran out frantically as I looked round. Ok no one noticed me staring. I turned and saw in the glimpse of my eye the well built brunette, looking directly at me. Shivers cascaded  down my spine as I turned pretending to not notice him. The wind started to blow so we walked back in and had a long break before returning to the next lesson. I turned around to see the boy staring at me. still...but when I looked him in the eye he turned away, going the direction opposite me. A feeling of insecurity had sat on my shoulders as I shrugged it off, going to my lessons.

A/N Hey guys! So this is the first chapter to 'The Perfect Strangers'. I hope you enjoy the book as myself the other author expect you too. Hopefully we will be posting chapters as much as possible during this COVID-19 situation. Stay safe. Love you all :)