Chapter 1

Ellis Belrose
Innocent but loves adventure and writing. Likes to wear dresses as well as old tee shirts.

Deacon VidarIntense workaholic, enjoys nice things

Deacon Vidar
Intense workaholic, enjoys nice things. His clothes are always crisp and clean.  

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Dinner is in five, can you please set the table?" My mom asked over her shoulder. I nodded, slightly shrugging off her request; continuing to type away at the key board.

I was almost done, I couldn't lose my train of thought, this was the first night in a long while that I haven't had to wrestle my brain with finding the precise words to convey.

"Ellis." My mom warned in a pinched tone.

"And done!" I hollered while pressing save.

"Finally got the article done?" She questioned; leaning against my door frame. I nodded while organizing my cluttered desk.

"Yes, and now I can finally get my full eight hours of sleep." I marveled while shutting my laptop.

"Proud of you honey! Maybe we can convince dad to make brownies to celebrate." She smirked, giving me a small nudge as we walked down the hall. I giggled.

"That'll take some real convincing considering the game is on." I pointed out. She chuckled.

"Very true, and I'm sure you won't want to celebrate with burnt brownies. I love him but I swear everything he cooks turns to a crisp." She joked.

"These walls are thin Carly!" Dad shouted from the living room. I let out a giggle, glancing over at my surprised mother.

"Where's Rachel?" I asked while setting the table.

"She's at Samuels again." Piped dad, walking into the dining room. I rolled my eyes and took her plate back to the kitchen.

"Don't start Ellis." Mom warned passing by with a large bowl of salad.

"I just don't understand how you guys are so okay with all of it." I pestered. Dad let out a sigh before taking his seat.

"Charles." My mother pleaded, but he continued anyway.