IMPORTANT

This story is set in an alternate universe, so the plotline doesn't match up with what happened in Kingdom of ash. I am just gonna briefly explain everything that is different from the original story.

-Maeve decided to not heal the majority of scars Aelin recieved during Cairn's torture, she instead used salt water to keep them from healing so that Aein had an eternal reminder of how utterly helpless she was.

-Aelin decided to aid Aedion's army in the fight against Erawan and Maeve's army before forging the lock. So she still had her full powers and managed to defeat Maeve and the Valg alone, without the help of the others. This resulted in Gavriel surviving because he didn't need to hold the gates.

-To forge the lock, Dorian had to sacrifice his human life, but Mala the firebringer felt sorry for the king that had to live such a short life and managed to resurrect with the help of Rowan and Aelin. Dorian wakes up immortal, as a kind of human-god hybrid, but his powers remain the same. So Aelin and Dorian get to keep the full might of their powers.

-Because Dorian is now immortal, he decides to accept Manon's offer to marry him. Manon helps the Ironteeth witches and Crochans to settle down in the wastes alongside Ansel's human army. Ansel and Manon split the land so that the humans and witches don't start fighting eachother.