Chapter 14

"Why do you act as if your pain is the worst? You're not the only one in this world hurting!" His words echoed in Tzuyu's brain, like the melody of a song, she can't seem to forget.

"I...." She couldn't seem to pretend to be alright anymore.

How could he?

"It's because my life's main lead is me." She spoke, her lifeless eyes never leaving his.

"Because my life revolves around me, that's why I can see everyone's pain, but I can't feel it." A warm tear slipped down her eyes and ran along her cheeks, lingering on her chin before falling to the cold ground.

And soon, the warm liquid stained her cheeks.

"Do you know depression, Jungkook?" He looked at her, dumbfounded.

"I don't want to die, but I don't like living. I just want to disappear. I love being alone, but I hate the feeling of loneliness. I love sleeping, but I hate waking up. I will never hurt myself. I will never try to kill myself, but I can't feel alive. I don't hate myself, I love myself, but I am empty. I am numb. But you know what?" She stopped and stepped closer to Jungkook as his breath hitched.

"There's pain even in this numbness. Even this emptiness hurts!" One punch on Jungkook's chest caused him to grab her hand, but she used her other hand to hit him, which was later grasped by his other hand.

"You wound me the most." He fell numb. Her hands fell from his hold as he backed away from her.

The shatter of his heart showed in his dimly lited eyes.

Tears filled his eyes as he watched her turn around and walk away.

He was angry. He was hurt.

Ever since he was young, he never had the perfect family, but Tzuyu had it. His family had money problems while Tzuyu spent it like nothing. He never had a father, but she did.

His mother was busy all the time, so he never received much attention from her.

He was alone all his life.

His life was never meant to be happy, but he was happy. He was sad, but he didn't fell into depression. He was numb, but he never let it fully take over him.

And if Tzuyu ever heard these thoughts of him, she'll come to loathe him.

Because even in a situation like this, he compared his life to hers and made it sound like she does not have the right to be in depression, but he does.

He knew his thoughts ravage him.

But he didn't know her thoughts sabotage her.