The Storm

Originally this chapter had been very long and the last chapter before the epilogue, but I felt the end of this one was fine to make a new chapter after, so I divided it into two. Next chapter is a little more serious, but no one dies like in some of my other fics. You're welcome. Anyways, enjoy~

Nami had fallen asleep in the crow's nest and it was now early morning, the sun coming up. It was cloudy, so the sunlight was muted. It was also windy and the clouds were a dark grey. There was going to be a storm. Poor Luffy.

She climbed down the ladder to the deck and left for her room to tell Robin to bring Luffy to inside the other part of the ship because there was going to be a storm. Luffy was still sleeping, so she gently picked him and his bear off the bed and quickly walked out onto the deck and across the lawn. Nami walked with her and gathered Luffy's blocks and picnic blanket from the dewey deck and brought them inside with her.

After Robin left for the library so Luffy could sleep on something comfortable, the couch, Nami went to the men's room and banged on the door and shouted at them to come inside because a storm was about to start.

The waves were becoming stronger, which woke Luffy up. He was confused about where he was and got scared for a moment until he turned and saw Robin sitting next to him. She noticed he was awake and handed him his teddy bear. He took it and popped his thumb into his mouth. Robin was worried about how he'd react to the thunder and sound of the wind. She wasn't an expert on weather like Nami, but it seemed like it was going to be a nasty storm. She picked up Luffy and held him lovingly, seeming to try and prepare him for something bad by making him feel something good; loved.

The men furled sails and reeled the anchors in and then went inside for breakfast, joined a little later by Luffy and Robin. Once he was sat down, everyone looked at him in worry. How would he react to the storm? They had hoped one wouldn't happen in the short amount of time he was part of their crew.

The crew ate their food quietly, waiting for the worst. After Robin took a sip of her coffee, she announced that she and Nami were going to bring Luffy to the aquarium during the storm because the fish might be a good distraction.

"Or they'll scare the shit out of him," Zoro said, taking a sip of his booze. Usually he didn't drink in the morning (wasn't allowed to), but he could tell that day was going to be a stressful one.

"Better to be distracted by fish, scary or not, than the sounds he's gonna hear," Nami said sadly.

It was only a few minutes after she said that when it began to rain. Even rain scared Luffy. He looked around, hearing the patterning of the rain outside. His brows furrowed. What was that sound? It sounded scary. He picked his teddy bear up from next to his cup of water and hugged it, but didn't cry.

"Can someone get a thick blanket?" Robin asked as she started to pull Luffy out of his seat. Sanji left into the hall to the linen room and came back with a thick and fluffy duvet that had been washed a few days ago but not brought back to the couch in Nami and Robin's room. Robin walked out of the room with Luffy, Sanji following with the blanket and Luffy's bag of blocks as the three headed to the aquarium. There were no windows in the room to the outside. Only the wall of glass between the aquarium's water and the interior room. Luffy was momentarily distracted by the fish, but the rain got louder and he could still hear it, even though there were no windows. He gripped Robin's shirt and buried his head in her chest.

Robin sat down on the bench surrounding the room and took the duvet from Sanji and wrapped Luffy in it. Then the thunder and lightning started, but still Luffy didn't cry. Even though the little boy was wrapped in the thick blanket, Robin and Sanji could tell he was shaking. Sanji looked at him sadly and left to get him some candy. Granted, it was Usopp's, but it would be better for now if it helped their newest member not be so terrified.