Chapter thirty three News from back home

Mia Steinberg
"Wait so let me get this straight. The great and powerful masters of our school could summon all kinds of fancy magic to contact us- and they chose to use a stupid iPad." I said, raising my eyebrows with disbelief and sarcasm.

"Yes! Now it is connecting! Shhh!" Jolie hushed.
"Rrrrroow." I muttered, raking my hand through the air like a cat's claw.
"SHHHHHHH!" Everyone hissed.
"SHHHHHH!" I mimicked.

"Is it working?" Jennie asked.

"Yeah." Stefanie said.

I walked over to look at her screen.

Our home popped up on the screen.

"Hi!" Stefanie said excitedly.

"Greetings." Foreigna said warily, her green eyes flashing.

"How is it going?" Galeicia asked, blinking, her ice blue eyes looking more tired than ever.

"Good. But where do we go?"

"Grace has some information for you."

Foreigna cut us off and nodded to someone in the background.

A girl with orange red hair popped into the screen.

"Hi!" Jolie said, bouncing in the air. The others murmured a greeting.

"Hi! Bonjour!" (Hello) Grace said. She hadn't changed a bit. Her frizzy red hair was in a braid, and of course she was wearing pink.

We all began to talk in French. Hey, our school is French, right?

"Alors quest-ce que tu as juste fais?" (So what did you just do?) She asked.
"On a juste battue in monstre." (We just beat a monster) Leah responded.
"GÉNIAL!" (AWESOME!) Grace exclaimed enthusiastically.
"Alors Grace, où est-ce qu'on va?" (So Grace where do we go?) I cut in.

The daughter of Athena frowned. "You aren't going to like this." She said, talking in English.

"Well?" I said.

"Well first, here is some more information. Devon, Hugo, and Graeme have gone to The Volcanic Mountains to hunt down a human who somehow got in here without getting caught."

If Grace was trying to change the subject and stick with it, she did an excellent job.

We all immediately began to fire questions.

"Really? Why? Do you have to kill him? How is that even possible!?"

"We don't know yet." Galeicia said calmly. "But the three left very shortly after you. But they volunteered."

"Anything else?"

"Amelia and Emily left to hunt down the HUMAN assassin that entered here."

"How can so many humans get in here unnoticed?"

"It has to do with your quest. Since darkness is tipping the balance between darkness and light so much, some humans just find portals in their closets or something. They go into them, mystified and in a trance and end up here. Someone in that same world is making those portals. He must be stopped."

"Hmm. So anyway, can we know where we have to go? We need to get going." I said, looking at Grace.

"Mia, that's what we're saying. You have to go back into the mortal world."