0.10

» A truly meaningful life must be built on the foundation of truth, honesty, love and respect. «

Lesson #2: Be honest

Dedicated to: katyiswriting , kaylawaldbass  & reeing  for your lovely comments last chapter, it's really appreciated so thank you guys 🥺🥰

A/N ~ First chapter yay! This took me quite a while to complete but I'm sure you'll all understand ;) Love n hugs, hope you are all well during this time, & stick around to read the longer note at the end of the chapter xo

I will post again when this reaches... 115 votes & comments x

POV: Johnny Orlando

˚✧₊⁎༄

˚✧₊⁎༄

It was eerie, really. The way in which everything was the same as I remembered.

The dark carpet, the ugly wallpaper. The large, sweeping windows that displayed the tarmac and the planes beyond. The hustle bustle of city goers. The loud whirring of the coffee machines, and the shouting of orders when they were ready. The trolleys that lined the walls, ready for luggage to be dumped on them. The chatter of families and friends as they got ready to part with one another.

It was like I had never left. Like the last five years hadn't happened at all.

I was short of breath, and not because I was walking up the stairs.

Somehow, my feet carried me to the place I had said goodbye to my family, and her, all those years ago. I could see the seat I had sunken in with my family, resigned to my lonely fate. I could see the gate in which I had left out of, boarding a plane that would lead me to a terrible place. I could spot the exact piece of carpet in which I had stumbled forward and wrapped her in my arms, shocked but relieved someone had tipped her off. I remember the way she had argued, begged, and then finally accepted me leaving.

It crushed me, then, the weight of what I'd done. This airport was timeless, but Mackenzie wasn't. Places don't heal like people do.

My mind drifted, and I leaned against the doorway, finally allowing myself to indulge in the memories I had suppressed on the plane. Her laugh; the real one, where she would tip her head back and cackle with joy. The mischievous look she'd get in her eyes when she was feeling playful. Cheeky. Naughty. The adorable smile that only appeared when I popped up out of nowhere and she was happy to see me.

It was stupid, really. How I still thought about her. You'd think five years apart would take care of infatuation with someone, but no. The distance apart dulled my feelings, but they were still there. I was irrevocably and completely in love with her.

I cursed and turned away from the view before me.

I was stuck in the past, I knew. But I would keep my promise to her.

I knew deep down that I didn't break those.

˚✧₊⁎༄