Stolen

"Oh? What's this?"

My eyes shot open once I perceived Hana's mom's voice, frightful and uncertain of whether her tone was angry or normal.

"Hey mom... you're home..." Hana yawned totally unperturbed, also just waking up from her sleep.

"I-I'm so sorry for staying until this late! Hana was just helping me out with my math homework." I gave a brisk bow together with my apology, noticing that outside the window was already dark and gloomy.

"Oh that's totally fine. You can stay as long as you want to Jungkook." she benignly permitted, seriously being the coolest mom I've ever met.

"But I need you two to do a little favor for me." Hana's mom added, then mysteriously looked behind her.

Then, a little girl, perhaps around the age of six or seven-years-old, with cute little double buns popped her head out from the back of the mom's legs.

"This is Ara, my coworker's daughter. I need you guys to babysit her for a few hours until her mom comes to pick her up. Is that okay with you two?" Hana's mom requested with her hands in prayer form, probably having her own business or obligations to take care of.

"Oh my godddd she's so adorableeeee!!!" Hana squealed as she jumped over to Ara's side and squatted down in front of her, completely filled with elation.

"Soo I'm taking that as a yes. Thanks guys." Hana's mom said and smiled in gratitude, promptly heading upstairs with her purse dangling from her arm.

"What do you wanna do Ara? Wanna play a game?" Hana asked with pupils brimming with sparkles, acting as if it was her first time seeing such a tiny human.

Although she was initially shy, Ara came out of her shell and grinned widely.

"Hide-and-Seek!"

"Okay let's play. Do you want to be the one to hide? Or do you want to catch us?" Hana questioned in a baby voice for some reason, caressing the kid's hair like she was a delicate and fragile flower.

"I wanna be the 'it' for this game! You guys can be the 'it' for the next game." Ara said and gave us a thumbs up, appearing to be very confident in her role.

"Got it. Now cover your eyes and count to 30!" Hana instructed her, and soon enough, Ara began to count.

Being the competitive child she is, Hana scampered out of the room to look for a good hiding spot without a second to waste.

I, on the other hand, languidly strolled over to a rather secluded and large closet behind the stairs I've been eyeing since the moment Hana suggested the game.

Opening the doors of the closet, which was fortunately rather empty and had enough space for one or two people, I snuck inside and suppressed any sound.

But a few seconds later, the doors were hauled open again, and a short figure forcefully compressed herself into the already jam-packed closet.

Although it was extremely dark, I knew it was Hana from her lavender-scented clothes.

"Ugh, why is it so tight in here..." she complained to herself while attempting to adjust her position into a comfortable one.

"I wonder why Hana." I blurted out sarcastically, causing her to gasp frantically and flinch out of surprise.

"J-Jungkook?! Why're you in here?!" she managed to meet my eyes in the dimness, finally acknowledging my presence.

"I should be asking you that Ms. I like to steal people's hiding spots." I rolled my eyes at her idiotic question while trying my best to provide her with some space.

"S-Sorry, I'll find another hiding spo-"

But right as Hana moved an inch, she somehow tripped over a hard object at the base of the closet, ultimately falling into my arms with her face landing onto my chest.

And of course, my stupid heart started to beat like crazy at the worst timing.

Fuck.

She's gonna hear it.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Oh my god." Hana panicked heavily, trying to move back but actually making things much worse.

"Shhhhh! Stop moving Hana!" I held her down by her petite shoulders in order to cease the commotion before we get caught.

Unluckily, we heard Ara audibly finish counting, "... Twenty nine... Thirty!"

Loosening my grip on Hana, I sighed in hopelessness, "Just stay here. It's too late anyway. Ara's gonna catch you if you go out now."

Hana nodded compliantly without uttering a single word, her body still rigidly pressed against mine in the complete darkness.

For some reason, even in the pitch black surrounding, I could discern a pinkish red tinge on her cheekbones from the meager light provided by the slight opening in between the closet doors.

Is she... blushing?

The only perceptible sounds you could detect in this confined space was our restrained breathing and my vehement heartbeat that I'm sure Hana could hear too.

Is she as nervous as I am right now?

As if I was thinking out loud, Hana uplifted her gaze and stared into my soul with her alluringly large eyes, not really helping me with the accelerating, rambunctious drumming inside my chest.

I'm gonna to go crazy.

With every glimpse I took at her glossy lips, those vicious, malevolent thoughts of mine began to invade my devilish mind.

I want to kiss her so badly.

And at this point, I didn't even care anymore.

Cupping both of her rosy cheeks with my palms, I leaned close and collided my lips onto hers, an electric current instantaneously sending out through all my veins that ran through every inch of my body.

Her delicate lips were softer than I could've ever imagined, and the trillions of butterflies escaping from the cage deep within my stomach were untamable at this point.

But suddenly, Hana shoved me with full force by my chest with a mixture of confusion, dismay, and infuriation evident in her facial expression.

With that, she rushed out of the closet without saying a word.

I just stood there in silence, gulping down a huge lump in my throat as absolute remorse inundated my chest.

What the hell did I just do?