the one with the lesbian wedding

❁

"did we miss it?" rachel and ella bursted into the apartment after a day of shopping, quickly running to the living room hoping they hadn't missed getting to see joey on tv.
"no, i'm on right after this guy shoots himself," joey relieved the girls.
"whoa, she's pretty—p-pretty good at acting," chandler cleared his throat remembering that ella was now in the same room.
the two hadn't really spoken since the list argument. simply coexisting when they were with their friends and the only time they did interact was to bounce off of each other's jokes.
after watching joey's first scene on television, phoebe walked in the apartment but, was a little more out of it than usual.
"is everything okay?" ross asked, watching as she snapped out of the haze she was in.
"um, no, huh-uh. one of my clients died on the massage table today," phoebe explained to the gang.
"oh my god."
"that's a little more relaxed than you want them to get," chandler tried to lighten the mood with a joke but was just met with looks of disgust from his friends.
"yeah, uhm, she was 82 years old. her name was uhm, mrs. adelman," phoebe further explained.
"oh honey."
"yeah, it's just so strange. i mean, she probably woke up today and thought, 'okay, i'll have some breakfast, and then i'll take a little walk, and then i'll have my massage'. little did she know god was thinking, 'okay, but that's it.' oh, but the weirdest thing was, okay, i was cleansing her aura when she died, and when the spirit left her body, i don't think it went very far," phoebe continued.
"what do you mean?" rachel furrowed her eyebrows at the buffay.
"i think it went into me," phoebe admitted, everyone immediately backing away from her.

"rach she's going to forget all about you running out on barry once she finds out i've had a chandler for over a year and dad still doesn't know," ella sat at the central perk counter as her sister prepared customers' orders.
"you really think so?" rachel paused and looked up at her sister.
"well, she would if i was ready to tell her," ella clenched her teeth.
"speaking of our failing love affairs, are you sure you don't want to talk about you and chandler? i've been nominated to speak for the group and frankly we find it painful to be in a room with you two," rachel laid it out for her.
"i'm glad you spared my feelings when telling me that," ella gave rachel a fake smile before continuing.
"i just don't know what we are anymore. this whole situationship was weird to begin with and now i don't know how i'm supposed to or allowed to react."
"allowed to react? you're allowed to feel whatever you feel, what's up to chandler is how he reacts and i think that's why he hasn't," rachel explained to ella.
"we will continue this conversation but, can you help me hand these out? its 1pm on a tuesday, you'd think people would be working," rachel nervously asked her sister already passing her the filled mugs.
"of course," ella grabbed two cups of coffee.
"okay who ordered what?" rachel walked over to the friends, ella following behind her.
"oh, i believe i had the half-drunk cappuccino with the lipstick on the rim," ross joked after seeing the used and half-drunken cups.
"yes, and this with the cigarette butt in it, is that decaf?" chandler pointed and reached out to one of the mugs in ella's hands.
"oh god."
"rach, i can't believe you're so uptight about your mom comin', ella doesn't seem that worried," joey tried to make rachel feel better.
"i know, but it's just it's the first time, and i just don't want her to think that because i didn't marry barry, that my life is total crap, you know?" rachel opened up.
"there they are!" mrs. green bursted through the central perk doors.
"mom!" both girls nervously greeted their mother.
"oh my girls! so this is where you work? oh, it's wonderful! is it a living room? is it a restaurant? who can tell? but i guess that's the fun," mrs. green sporadically commented hugging the two girls.
"pretty much."
"yup," ella's eyes widened as she tried to process everything that'd happened in the last minute.
"monica! you look gorgeous! last time i saw you, it was eat or be eaten," mrs. green ignorantly pointed out.
"this is joey, and phoebe, and you remember chandler and ross," rachel introduced the group.
"oh hello ross," mrs. green dryly greeted the geller.
"hi, mrs. green," ross stood up to shake her hand but was immediately rejected.
"so ella how's your life? i always hear rachel's side of things! any boyfriends, career opportunities, or any more last minute major life changes?" mrs. green tried to get something out of the nervous blonde.
"no haha. nothing of that sort, not anytime soon at least," ella lied through her teeth, chandler trying to avoid eye-contact with her.
"this is just so exciting. you know, i never worked. i went straight from my father's house to the sorority house to my husband's house. i am just so proud of you two," mrs. green quickly switched the subject to avoid the awkward tension that was quickly building after ella's answer.
"really?"
"yes," mrs. green reassured her daughters.
"i know who it is you remind me of. evelyn dermer. 'course, that's before she got the lousy face lift. now she looks like soupy sales," phoebe—or kind of phoebe announced to the room.
"pheebs, who's evelyn dermer?" joey raised an eyebrow at her.
"i don't know. who's soupy sales?"