Chapter Two

Late night text:

(Name) heaved a sigh of relief. The walk home was quiet and awkward.
Everytime Makoto tried to strike a conversation with her, she could have sworn Sousuke would shoot him a glare.
Haruka averted her gaze whenever she tried to start a conversation with him.
By the time she got to her house, Haru had went on to his home and left her with two towering men who seems to have some sort of chip on their shoulders about each other.

"Well, (Name)-chan! I guess I'll see you tomorrow in class." Makoto gave her his usual kind smile. (Name) gave him a bow "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." he gave her one last wave before he disappeared from her sight. She looked to her left and Sousuke was still there. "So I guess I'll see you during the next practice?" She asked. Sousuke simply shook his head. "Today was the last mixed practice. We might not see each other for a while." he looked to his side with his hand rubbing the back of his head. "So... how about we exchange numbers?" (Name) smiled, thinking she had made a new friend. "Sure!" Sousuke handed her his cellphone and she handed hers to him. After exchanging numbers, Sousuke gave her a smile. "I'll see you later then." (Name) was about to wave good bye when her hand was pulled in by Sousuke giving her a quick hug. "Bye." Her face turned red, surprised at what had just happened. She walked inside, heart beating furiously.

Today was a weird one... she thought to herself. (Name) took a shower and went straight to her room to begin studying when her phone chimed. She took a look at the screen and it was from a number she doesn't know. The text read:

"It was nice to meet you today. Sweet dreams.-Sousuke

(Name) smiled to herself. Well... he was pretty cute. She decided to text back:

"Sweet dreams. -(Name)

The next day:
Makoto was standing outside (Name)'s door when she walked out of her house to go to school. When he saw her he immediately gave her a smile. "Ohayo (Name)-chan!" (Name) blushed when she realized he had been waiting for her to get out of her house. "Ohayo, Tachibana-san!" You gave him the cutest smile you could muster. Makoto and (Name) began walking towards school. "Ano... I was wondering, I know it's a little too sudden but, do you want to do something later today? After practice? Maybe a movie?" (Name) looked at Makoto, Like a date?! her thoughts screamed. "L-Like a d-date... Or just friends!" Makoto tried so hard to casually say it. His face was plastered with concern. "S-Sure." (Name) agreed. She couldn't believe that the cute guy in her class asked her out the next day. It was as if she was in a dream.

The time flew by quick thinking of all the possibilities with a date with Makoto. When swim practice began, (Name) went on with her regular regimen. In the midst of taking a breath, she noticed 4 figures walking towards the deck. Gou ran up towards one of them and gave him a hug. It was her brother, Matsuoka Rin. After finishing the set of 500, (Name) looked over to see Sousuke with him and two other boys she's never met before. A shy boy with a bowl cut and an overly excited one who seems to be clinging onto her best friend Gou. Suddenly (Name) felt a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?" Makoto asked. She turned "Yeah I'm fine." She put her goggles back on and continued swimming. Makoto got out of the pool and shot a quick glare at Sousuke who gave him a smile in return.

Apparently the boys are over because they are taking a break from practice. After (Name) had finished her laps, she got out of the water. Not one step forward, and she felt a warm towel embrace her back. "You looked like you did a great work out." Sousuke gave her a smile. "I thought you said you might not be around for a while?" She said. Sousuke shrugged, his face suddenly turning serious. (Name) turned around to see Makoto walking towards her. "Hey, let's dry up. The movie starts in an hour, so we better hurry." Makoto held out his hand towards her. Right. I almost forgot... (Name) took Makoto's hand and Sousuke called out "I'll text you later, (Name)." making Makoto flinch. Unaware, (Name) just nodded at Sousuke. (Name) went ahead into the locker room, leaving Makoto with Sousuke. "Do you like (Name)-chan?" Makoto's voice was dark. "Is that a problem?" Sousuke stood up and walked past Makoto bumping into his shoulder.

Makoto's hands tightened to a fist but let go, thinking about his date with (Name).
It's okay, I'm the one with the date with her... Don't let Sousuke get under your skin. He let out a sigh and headed to the locker rooms to change.