Chapter Two

Weeks flew by and it's finally time for midterms to begin.
The exchanging of quotes gradually slipped away just when you started to feel some kind of connection.
You sat down on your usual desk, in hopes that the other person had written something down.
It was almost as if you became dependent on the little scribbles that you have exchanged with one another.
While pulling out your notebook, you noticed another quote.
It was the first one you've seen in almost 2 weeks.

"You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught."

Your face flushed red.
What?
It read almost like a confession.
Deep in thought and mixed feelings, you erased the quote.
How am I supposed to respond to that?

3 Weeks ago...

Sousuke was packing up his belongings, getting ready to leave the library when his phone vibrated.
It was a text message from Rin:
"Yo, I need some advice... Its Gou. It's like she's gone mental."
Sousuke heaved a sigh. Ever since he's known them, it has always been like this.
As he was walking out the library, he runs into you.

He suddenly realized how he's been running into you more often and your face has become familiar, something he has seen daily.
"Off to study?" He greeted you with a smile.
"Oh.. yeah! Getting ready for mid terms." You tried to hide away any trace of blush on your face.
You haven't really talked before but it was flattering that someone like him greeted you out of the blue.
"Well.. good luck then." He nodded towards you and you left to go sit back down at the desk.

Unaware of your surroundings, you didn't notice that he was watching you very carefully.
Sousuke waited a couple of minutes before he started following you.
Even he didn't know why he did it, but for some reason, he was curious.
His eyes widened when he saw you sat down on the desk he was just on.

Sousuke watched you from afar and saw you give a smile after reading a quote he had just written for you.
His face brightened up at the sight of you smiling.
He covered his face without realizing it was because subconsciously, he knew he was beet red.
His phone vibrates again making him jump and turn around hoping  you didn't see him.
Another message from Rin:
"I need you to come here! I don't know what else to do! She is... I can't even explain it! But she tried to throw  Pyunsuke at me!"
Sousuke shook his head and left to go to his dorm, pack up and head to Rin's house.

Present time:

You packed up and was about to leave when you decided to write back anyway.
"...our impulses are too strong for our judgement sometimes"

You wrote a quote from Tess of the D'urbervilles, testing to prove if this past message really was a confession.

The next day, Sousuke arrived and saw the message.
He wasn't sure how to react but he does know that since he found out who you were, he wanted to get to know you more.
He wanted to see that smile of yours again. The cute face you make when you're flattered.
A face he didn't want anyone else to see but him.
He wanted to meet you and actually be with you.

Sousuke was never the type of guy to directly hit on a girl.
He has something in particular that he looks for in a woman and it wasn't the make up, the hair or the clothes.
In fact, women who only cared about appearances bothered him more than anything.
His quiet disposition not only made him hard to read, but it attracted a lot of different kinds of women.
But because of this, no one really knew what his "type" is.
Little did any of these girls knew that the kind of woman he likes is someone who can keep up with him.
Physically, emotionally and intellectually.
So far you have been the only one who seems to be on the same level of intellect as his and it piqued his interest.

He wrote back:
In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

Sousuke got up and left the library early and went to go get food.
When you finally came to the desk, you found his message.
It can't be.
Warmth crept up your face. With this message you knew for sure that this person knows exactly who you are.
But you were on your guard. For all you know this person is just playing you with such a sudden declaration.

You wrote back:
"Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change.”

You let out a sigh, saddened by the idea that someone was probably just making a fool out of you.
Feeling down, you got up and left the library without studying.
You went home and called up your best friend to tell her everything. The desk, the quotes and the sudden confession to see what her opinion is and what she would do if she was in your shoes.

"That is so romantic!!! He obviously knows who you are if he confessed to you! I can't believe you were hiding this from me for so long!"
You hear her squealing like a fan girl on the other side of the line.
"You're hurting my ears! Quit squealing so much, you're gonna crack a window with that high pitched voice of yours. Look, whoever it is, it's probably some big joke."
"OR- he likes you. You should just try to meet him... or her? I mean there is no harm in meeting someone new right?"
"I guess you're right... Anyway, I have to go. I have to finish studying." You hung up the phone and went to your studies.

The next day, you went to the library again to see if the person had written anything back at all.
And surely enough,there on the desk is a new quote that reads:
"He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking."

Can he see me!?
You got up from your seat and looked around in front of you.
As you turned behind you, you see him.
Sousuke stood leaning against a book shelf staring back at you.
"Hello." he smiled.